Silent Hill 3 Post Processing and Shadows Problem
(06-23-2012, 02:02 AM)James Rideout Wrote: I'm also having a problem with both Silent Hill 2 and 3. The gameplay is fine but when I go into menu the fps speeds up to like 260 fps which means my "beat game" time at the end will be huge. I want it down so I can get the Hyper Spray Yellow or Green in Silent Hill 2 and I also want to get god stuff and Ranking in Silent Hill 3. In addition to that the movies in Silent Hill 2 don't look right. They are all full of lines kinda like a beat up floor model television which I used to own. The movies in Silent Hill 3 play beautifully except the intro where the fps actually slows down to about 40fps and the screen is black you can just hear the music. My settings are the default plugins/settings in pcs2 version 9.8. I haven't seen any good advice posted about the problems of Silent Hill 3 here yet and I don't expect to get any good responses. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Btw the so called "Newbs" on these forums make more sense then the supposed "experts".

Well that wasn't so polite but anyway...

You have probably disabled the frame limiter, thus you get FPS above 60. Turn it back on by pressing F4 until it gets limited. Movies are almost always fixed using software mode of GSdx. Yes it's slower but if you have a decent PC you should still get full speed these days.

I don't really understand the OP problem, the screenshots are pretty vague?
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Thanks. This will do for now until a new King is crowned.
Since the King's death a Shadow has fallen across all of Tamriel....
Hope is gone the Imperial line is Dead.
Did you see that Oblivion gate outside of Kvatch?
Mara preserve us from another city going the way of Kvatch but with all of these young punks running around with drugs its only a mtter of time...
"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."
- David Rockefeller
Are you a bot?
(06-24-2012, 07:41 AM)James Rideout Wrote: Thanks. This will do for now until a new King is crowned.
Since the King's death a Shadow has fallen across all of Tamriel....
Hope is gone the Imperial line is Dead.
Did you see that Oblivion gate outside of Kvatch?
Mara preserve us from another city going the way of Kvatch but with all of these young punks running around with drugs its only a mtter of time...

A fairy tail perhaps? Laugh
That, or he's gone mad waiting for Dawnguard, the new Skyrim DLC.
It's horrible to see what Skooma does to a man.
<REDACTED>
(06-24-2012, 12:14 PM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: That, or he's gone mad waiting for Dawnguard, the new Skyrim DLC.
Thats exactly what I had in mind...lol
Tongue
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Framerate is fine limiter is on its just the intro movie and like 1 other so far.
I like Oblivion better then Skyrim but thats just me I tend to like older games and systems like Ps2. Actually I used to own a Ps2 but my sister swapped her broken one with my good one back in like 2005 and it was not long after that I got a decent PC so I would just play Snes games off of it and never got back to the Ps2. Yes it was the Skooma. Too much of it for my own good. Haven't tried Silent Hill 2 again. I might try it again today and see if the Fps has slowed down during menu. Fps stays at around 60fps in menu in Silent Hill 3. The lines in the fmvs occurs in Silent Hill 2 only and not in Silent Hill3. When Silent Hill 3 plays Fmvs they are crystal clear except the intro in which the fps slows down to 40 and you can't see anything. I don't think the fps is the problem with either with regards to playing those fmvs I think it could be failed ISOS (Maybe copied off of scratched dicks?) I went and got a different version of Pcx2 I can't remember where I got it from I don't know if it was the official site but I remember it didn't have BIOS files and I deleted my other one so I went onto a site and downloaded the BIOS for it. Good news is now in Silent Hill 2 framerate hovers around 60 even in menu and same goes for Silent Hill 3. Before that Silent Hill 3's framerate would go up to like 80 fps while in game and like 260 fps while in fmvs like Silent Hill 2 and I remember after limiting framrate the game did the opposite it became sluggish and didn't play properly but it must've been the build of Pcx2 I was using.
"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."
- David Rockefeller
(06-24-2012, 11:38 PM)James Rideout Wrote: Framerate is fine limiter is on its just the intro movie and like 1 other so far.
I like Oblivion better then Skyrim but thats just me I tend to like older games and systems like Ps2. Actually I used to own a Ps2 but my sister swapped her broken one with my good one back in like 2005 and it was not long after that I got a decent PC so I would just play Snes games off of it and never got back to the Ps2. Yes it was the Skooma. Too much of it for my own good. Haven't tried Silent Hill 2 again. I might try it again today and see if the Fps has slowed down during menu. Fps stays at around 60fps in menu in Silent Hill 3. The lines in the fmvs occurs in Silent Hill 2 only and not in Silent Hill3. When Silent Hill 3 plays Fmvs they are crystal clear except the intro in which the fps slows down to 40 and you can't see anything. I don't think the fps is the problem with either with regards to playing those fmvs I think it could be failed ISOS (Maybe copied off of scratched dicks?) I went and got a different version of Ocx2 I can't remember where I got it from I don't know if it was the official site but I remember it didn't have BIOS files and I deleted my other one so I went onto a site and downloaded the BIOS for it. Good news is now in Silent Hill 2 framerate hovers around 60 even in menu and same goes for Silent Hill 3. Before that Silent Hill 3's framerate would go up to like 80 fps while in game and like 260 fps while in fmvs like Silent Hill 2 and I remember after limiting framrate the game did the opposite it became sluggish and didn't play properly but it must've been the build of Pcx2 I was using but I thank everyone for the quick responses.

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
This occurred when I just tried to delete the above in the grey box. I meant to hit edit not reply. Thats strange ... Must be a glitch in the Matrix.
- David Rockefeller
Users can't delete their posts, only moderators.