Silent Hill 3 on PCSX2
Do you think it's worth playing Silent Hill 3 on pcsx2 without all the post processing effects or should I buy the PC Version?

Sponsored links

If you want the post-processing effects, use Software mode.

PC version runs well with no need for bug-fixes, unlike SH2 and 4, so if you can find it cheap, definitely get it.
(12-11-2013, 09:07 AM)NarooN Wrote: If you want the post-processing effects, use Software mode.
Yeah but there's some really annoying problem with the flashlight in software mode.
http://i.epvpimg.com/Mvujh.jpg

do you have any tips?
That's really bizarre. That doesn't happen to me in SW mode. What version of PCSX2 are you on right now?
I sgst to not buy pc ver. Becuz it is really a bad port .
I get the flashlight glitch in software mode too (r5766). If your PS2 is not around then yeah get the PC version for possibly the least bastardized experience. Konami sucks at porting so make sure you read up on it
Quote: I sgst to not buy pc ver. Becuz it is really a bad port .

Lolwat? The PC version of SH3 was almost flawless. It was a very good port.
The problem with the pc version is its very hard to map the buttons to a controller. ofcourse if you aren't using one this isn't a problem Smile
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
I mapped the keys to my pad just fine. If you try to do it in-game, it can be annoying. I use Scarlett's DualShock 3 driver. There's a utility in the game's base installation folder that allows you to easily map the keys that way, and save them. Much easier. Wink
Okay thanks, I'll get the PC Version but I'm kind of curious now why the flashlight bug only affects me and synce.
Does the PC Version support the Xbox 360 Controller, btw?