Silent Hill Origins flashlight issue, any fix?
So I know this is an issue from waaay back in the day, but is there any fix? The game runs smooth, but in dark areas everything is black and flashlight is all broken. Switching to Software mode works fine IF you have the flashlight off. If you turn it on, the FPS goes to like 15. So, any fix for that or nothing yet? Workarounds maybe?

Sponsored links

Personally, i get full fps in software mode with flashlight enabled... (50 fps - Pal)
What are your specs ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
AMD Phenom x4 955 @ 3.2 Ghz, 8 gigs of Kingston HyperX @ 1600 and an overclocked MSI GTX 570.
Try the skipdraw hack in GSDX. I've heard setting it between 1-10 will improve performance in Silent Hill games. However, it causes the contrast to be obliterated.
Alright. I tried 1, which didn't do anything. I'll increase it.
Make sure "enable hacks" is ticked in the GSDX main window, otherwise nothing will take effect.
I just realized it was not ticked on D: That's why no hack seemed to work at all. Lol.
any idea when will they fix the shadow problem in this game.....i dunwan play the game in software mode...look really ugly and skipdraw make all the shadow gone.....which destroy the horror in the game....
pc rig: i5 2500k + GTX 570 OC + 4gb ram + window vista 64x
you may contribute on google page if you think the project isn't developed fast enough.
this is a an open source project, and anyone with programming skills may contribute
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What about combination software & hardware renders? Maybe, the software realizaion of d3d-unsupported effects via hacks can be feasible? I'm sure, it would be helpful for many games, not SH only...