Silent Hill: Shattered Memories seems working
is the game "fully" playble at hardware now?{or the right setting?} I tried few days a go on the recent builds. and only software worked{hardware you can't see almost nothing and the game buggy}

I saw this:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5453/capturenmu.png

Sponsored links

No, it is still not playable at hardware mode. And they say that problem can never be fixed.

I've finished the game at software mode though, with buggy and low resolution graphics.
People only know what you have told them.
(10-22-2010, 07:01 PM)PyramidHead Wrote: I've finished the game at software mode...

Then the game is fully playable, the compatibility list is correct calling it playable Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-22-2010, 07:15 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Then the game is fully playable, the compatibility list is correct calling it playable Tongue2

Yes, it's totally correct, I had only 2 or 3 crashes with r3630 though Tongue Still... it would be AWESOME to play in hardware mode! I believe in miracles, if that problem be fixed someday, I'll finish it again Smile
(10-22-2010, 07:01 PM)PyramidHead Wrote: No, it is still not playable at hardware mode. And they say that problem can never be fixed.

I've finished the game at software mode though, with buggy and low resolution graphics.

ho come on,I just can't believe this game can "Never" be fixed...
{Source please?}
I'm not going to "whine" for a fast fix,I have my respect to the developers,and I know we all need to be patience.... the game is more "fixed" at Dolphin emulator though... I can't believe the same can't be said on PCSX2....
(10-22-2010, 07:57 PM)Emulatong Wrote: {Source please?}

You can check my thread here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-A-Questio...t-Hill-Bug
(10-22-2010, 08:29 PM)PyramidHead Wrote:
(10-22-2010, 07:57 PM)Emulatong Wrote: {Source please?}

You can check my thread here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-A-Questio...t-Hill-Bug

they never said the word "can never" in that thread... they "only" said it will take quite a lot of coding... I recall similar things has been said on both Fatal Frame 2/3 and now they both fully playble...

I can presume it won't be fixed any time soon,and I do have my understanding and respect for that,but I do believe it will some day be fixed...

Dolphin is emulating a whole different console radically different to the PS2 so I can't see how them having it working on their Gamecube/Wii emulator means it can be fixed in a Playstation 2 emulator....
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I guess you right... about that point at least.
The game does multiple GS tricks and blends them together.
Most of them aren't even emulated in GSdx yet since they're so hard / nearly impossible to do
(and preserve any speed).
So yeah, I expect this game will stay broken for quite a while longer.
We simply don't have the resources to come up with a super hacky
D3D limitation workaround for all the issues.