Silent Hill: Shattered Memories seems working
Ok, so today I test SHWackoM and this is what I found so far. I can get ingame on beta r1888(I get konami logo but after that>>) but lilypad make game not recognize gamepad-in-port-plugged like in picture shown. I tried 1853 and 2362 revision of lilypad. So I tried twinpad but got activeX error(LOL somebody still using it ;-)) So.. wanted try SSSX pad but - on r1888 when I try to bind my x360 pad buttons it crash whole emu(version 1.7.1). Ok enough, I fired 0.9.6 and set SSSX pad that came default with it.. I got to main menu!! Now, wait a bit, am going to try gameplay for a while and update this post Wink (got so exited that couldn't wait to write ^_^) But it seems it will run on 0.9.6 and it could run on r1888 if not for pad plugins.. Oh, its NTSC btw.

[Image: 84220597.jpg]

EDIT: ok, game is playable but in HW DX10 mode and even native resolution check and latest 2404 Gsdx it looks like this:

[Image: sh2e.jpg]

In SW mode its ok but slow and look worse, like without shader effects. Next, there is problem with sound. It works in menu and videos but not in-game. Tried SPU-X 1.1, 1.3(beta), zero and peops as well. No sound at all then. Last thing, If I "esc" from emu and return with "execute", gamepad get out of sync and I cannot control character anymore + camera keep rotating, but buttons like triangle works. I think thats it for now...
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64

Sponsored links

Thanks for all the investigations. I'm really looking forward to seeing this game running. I'd much rather play the PS2 version than the Wii version. Does anyone know the differences (besides control scheme)?
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
wow... software looks worst than that? have any screen? I'm curious lol
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-20-2010, 11:53 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: wow... software looks worst than that? have any screen? I'm curious lol

[Image: 44308142.jpg]

Thats software. Click on it to get full screen-like. Its more grainy like and in realtime I feel colors are even bit more bland than on this photo. Colors in SW feels to me a bit less shiny and this grain add to it even more.

BTW I don't know how to see FPS in these latest gsdx revisions because even when I set low res and window mode it cover all my screen so I cannot see upper bar where fsp counters shows and therefore cannot grab pcsx2 window to more bottom. In default gsdx that came with 0.9.6 if you remember no matter what rez. you set if it was in window mode you got small standard window(I guess pcsx2 default native rez.) so I could see FPS. But if I would guess I think I got around half speed in SW.

This problem in HW is most likely related to light maps and/or shadow maps, I wonder if it can even be fixed as I remember in other games devs often said to similar problems it can't be done in HW. Nonetheless, in HW mode even in 3x scale resolution game ran smooth full speed without slowdowns(even on that first "world freeze" scene and with quite many enemies around) on my rig, it would be fully playable if not for sound and graphic problems.

Lastly, if everyone is considering how PS2 port compare to WII controls.. I like it more on PS2. On WII for example, when attacked you must move in specific direction to shake enemies, here that direction means buttons so if somebody attack from behind I press X, if from left I press square etc. Its better because WII controls may not register sometimes and here its easy, practical and it always work. As for puzzles where you used wiimote to grab objects and manipulate here its same with stick. Point cursor at beer, press+hold button and move stick to manipulate or RB/LB to rotate. Its good.
E7400 @ 3.6Ghz 1.33v, GTX-260 192SP 650/1400/1100/1.05v, 4Gb RAM, Windows Server 2008 x64
Software represents how the game is meant to look, just btw.
The ps2 is old, and low resolution and jagged 3d is what was common back then.

That beeing said, I suspect that this game does a lot of tricks on the GS, and thus the HW modes won't ever look good. Sorry.
(01-21-2010, 02:09 AM)rama Wrote: Software represents how the game is meant to look, just btw.
The ps2 is old, and low resolution and jagged 3d is what was common back then.

That beeing said, I suspect that this game does a lot of tricks on the GS, and thus the HW modes won't ever look good. Sorry.

Eh.. actually, I think HW mode look a bit better than SW, thats what I said before ;-)
I really believe this is same as PSP version, thats why it look so meh. Ripped to iso it have on disk over 1gb while psp version floating on the net have +-900mb. WII version on the net have about 3.7gb and thats already scrubbed.

EDIT: ..or did you meant those glitches and black bars in HW cannot be fixed?
Wait... so it looks like you're missing most of the scene in hardware besides of those black bars, and it still looks better to you? lol ok to each their own I guess.

Can you post a screenshot of your Lilypad settings? It's weird that it wouldn't work.
(01-21-2010, 09:12 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Wait... so it looks like you're missing most of the scene in hardware besides of those black bars, and it still looks better to you? lol ok to each their own I guess.

Can you post a screenshot of your Lilypad settings? It's weird that it wouldn't work.

[Image: 37772399.jpg]

I tried to set both ports "plugged" and also "multitap" just in case, it just doesn't work. HW looked better(glitches aside) because it didn't felt so grainy.
When you select Pad1 in the Pads part do you have "Use analog when possible" enabled? that could cause some problems like that.
(01-22-2010, 02:53 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: When you select Pad1 in the Pads part do you have "Use analog when possible" enabled? that could cause some problems like that.

Yes, its on. But doesn't disabling it cause analog sticks to now work? How exactly it work, what it does? It looks like unnecessary option to me..

EDIT: YES! IT works now with lilypad if that option is disabled! Thanx ;-)