Silent Hill Shattered Memories - slow speed in Software mode
I'm trying to run Silent Hill Shattered Memories and after having had to set the Renderer to Direct3D11 (Software), I am getting a very low in-game speed.

I am aware that this problem has been brought forward multiple times. I did spend a couple of hours trying to find a solution on my own: I did use the search function, I read most of the related posts and I tried most of the suggested settings, I also tried the settings shown to work in a few youtube videos, but I wasn't able to achieve satisfactory results.

I was just about to give up and move on to something else, but I thought I'd give it a try and post on the forum.

So my question would be, are you aware of any settings I should use to be able to play this game properly?

These are some info you guys might need:

Processor: Intel Core i7 960 Quad Core Processor 3.2GHz 8MB Cache 45nm
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M 2GB GDDR5, 384 CUDA Cores, DX11 & PhysX
Memory: 12GB Triple Channel DDR3 1333Mhz 3x 4GB DIMM
Hard Drive: 256GB Crucial RealSSD C300

PCSX2 version: 1.1.0 r5730
BIOS version: USA v02.30 (20/02/2008)
game version: Silent Hill Shattered Memories v1.00 NTSC SLUS_218.99

Sponsored links

you could try setting extra software rendering threads to 3
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-27-2013, 07:08 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you could try setting extra software rendering threads to 3

Thanks. It did help, but it's still significantly slow. You can tell when they speak and move that everything is slowed down. It's a lot better than before though.

Anything else I can do to get more speed?
from now on, that will be a "trial and error" process when tweaking speedhacks.
that game in software mode may be quite demanding, and since you have a laptop, overclocking is a no-go.

Your GPU is a bit weak too, so what you get now is probably close to the best you can get Sad

better play it on your PS2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Try to set extra software rendering threads to 4, to the same number of you cores. I know people here sad that you should set this option to one less value than the number of your cores, but I personally have better speed with value 2 (I have two cores) in any games, and in, particularly, Silent Hill Origins where I use software mode. And the increase is significant. So give it a try.