Simple question about the EE slider
I saw that there is a change yet again to it in the latest beta and now it has one more mode to reduce the EE speed.
My question is,is it bad to make the slider to be able to choose the exact clock speed(like with Dolphin...ppsspp also have that ability)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Quote:My question is,is it bad to make the slider to be able to choose the exact clock speed(like with Dolphin...ppsspp also have that ability)

I don't think that would work, the cycle rate is arbitrary on the EE as it was super scalar however internally the system always counts in units of EE's 298mhz clock. The only thing that would change is how fast it counts toward that 298mhz per instruction. You could probably get the rough clock speed with some math using default blocks / scaled blocks but that probably wouldn't be accurate.

Basically higher scaled blocks mean fewer EE instructions executed per a certain frame, conversely it's the opposite for lower values. The recent change was on intent to introduce back the older mild underclock value. However Avih also changed the description which were partially misleading to both myself and refraction. we're planning on reverting some of the changes made (Which could have been avoided if he had made a PR...).

Either way, the conclusion is - your suggestion is probably feasible but the clockspeed value won't be as accurate similar to how dolphin does it due to the architecture of EE.