Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpsons Road Rage, black geometry.
Using the GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.15 plugin on Simpsons: Road Rage, the game's geometry (Streets, buildings, etc.) are pitch black.
Basically everything except physics objects (Mailboxes, light posts..), Characters and their cars, (Homer with Family Sedan, Marge with Canyenero, etc.), and traffic cars are pitch black.
Picture:
[Image: help_d10.jpg]
I also have my graphics configuration for the plugin if that helps.
[Image: settin10.jpg]
So, can anyone help me?

Sponsored links

Try the D3D9 (Hardware) or the (Software) renderers, try also another graphics plugin like ZeroGS or ZZOgl.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-31-2010, 06:55 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try the D3D9 (Hardware) or the (Software) renderers, try also another graphics plugin like ZeroGS or ZZOgl.

Hm, ZeroGS seems to perform the same glitch.
But, I don't know how to work ZZOgl, like I mean install it.
Any help? I svn'd it to a folder named ZZOGL
Just get a compiled version and uncompress it in your plugins folder, one like this:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4108-post...l#pid92808

Did the (Software) renderer in GSdx work?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-31-2010, 08:22 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Just get a compiled version and uncompress it in your plugins folder, one like this:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4108-post...l#pid92808

Did the (Software) renderer in GSdx work?

Yes, the software renderer worked perfectly, there was a framerate drop though.

Think you could help me with ZZOgl? It's not showing up in my plugins list. Sad
LilRobot,

I just registered at the forums to respond to your post in particular. I know it has been a while, but I just recently got the simpsons road rage to work at full speed (in game). I don't know if you have the right versions, but I am using GSDx 2404 with DirectX 10 Hardware until the main menu, then I switch it to DirectX 10 Software. Otherwise, the game crashes the emulator. I also have PCSX2 r1888 and in the speedhacks settings, have set the VU Cycle Streaming slider all the way to the right. 2D menu's in the game do perform slowly compared to the DX10 Hardware, but the actual 3D parts of the game run at full speed, full textures, with no glitches.

Something that may effect this, I have a Q9550 which supports the SSE4.1 instructions in GSDx. However, my proc is not overclocked, and I believe that you would probably be able to achieve this. Let me know how it goes!
try ticking the "native" box. and also dont use max speedhacks. there will be lost geometry when you do that.

like what bnsaflsujt said, use the latest gdsx plugin(24xx) and the last pcsx2 beta (r1888)
[Image: asddads.png]
My Turtle Box:
Intel i3 @ 2.7Ghz
Corsair 4gb DDR3
HD4670 1024mb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit