Sims 2 Castaway (r4952)
Hey.
I'm new to the PCSX2, but i picked up really quickly on most of it.
I got the ISO for Sims 2 castaway, and while playing, you can't see the actions (e.g highlighting a coconut gives you two *blank* options).
I KNOW how to fix this. I read somewhere, you need to press F9 to do something (I don't know what), which fixes the problem of the missing text... but it makes the FPS drop to 20-25, from a 55-60FPS.
So, does anyone know of a fix, temporary, or permanent, that I can use to see the text and have good FPS? I switch between the two when I have to.. but it's irritating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Laugh

Specs:
Intel Core i7 (1.73 GHz)
Nvidia 330M 1GB graphics
4GB RAM

PS It also seems, that while taking the screenshots, the EE and the GS swap values... I don't know what they mean exactly... I know the EE is about the PS2 processor or something XD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I don't think that its a bug report. you better had posted it in GSDX plugin forums.

F9 switches the GSDX Rendering mode to Software. Software mode is generally slow(sometimes even more Tongue2) but fixes the graphical glitches/bug etc. caused sometimes by Hardware mode. Software mode is slow. Try the GSDX hacks or use a older version of GSDX (if that helps) Tongue2

Hardware mdoe is much faster as it uses your Graphics Card to render.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
moved out from bug report.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks guys Laugh
Hmm.... I tried searching for some hacks etc. But came up with nothing. I did try an older version, but it didn't change anything. Could someone please link me (if that's allowed)?
Link you what exactly? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hahaha.... oops... Sorry. XD
Umm.. A link for GSDX hack (or something) or a known older GSDX version that works.
....Please?

Is there an easier way to fix something like this, or a way to make the Software mode faster (other than the speed hacks... they don't do a lot for me)?
Software mode will be faster only if your CPU becomes faster or has more Ghz. Tongue2 GSDX hacks include Alpha Hack or Offset Hack. But i am not sure that it will work. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Configure GSdx, set it to DX10 software mode and set sw rendering threads to 3
[Image: newsig.jpg]
THANKYOU BOTH!!!!!
Especially you Bositman! I have it all set up, and it is now running >50 FPS WITH text.
YOU ARE A LEGEND!
Thankyou all for helping Smile