SixAxis PS3 Controller for use with PCSX2
Hello! I'm trying to get my PS3 controller to work with my pc WITHOUT using motioninjoy. I am running 64 bit Windows 7. I tried following the instructions in this post but they did not work. Can anyone walk me through how I can do this?

Edit: I am able to follow the instructions in the linked post up until step 6. After starting a game in PCSX2, when i press the PS button, the 4 red lights blink instead of 1 being on (not blinking)

Sponsored links

Give this a try:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

In conjunction with this:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pokopom-K...Pad-Plugin
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well, that's not a lot of information. Well, first up, is the controller plugged in? It's for wired only, for wireless you'd need bluetooth and all that. Did you do all of the steps up to 6 exactly as shown there? Can you outline how you did the steps?

Unrelated, I really need to give that Xinput wrapper a try sometime.
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
(12-11-2012, 02:51 PM)MaJoR Wrote: Well, that's not a lot of information. Well, first up, is the controller plugged in? It's for wired only, for wireless you'd need bluetooth and all that. Did you do all of the steps up to 6 exactly as shown there? Can you outline how you did the steps?

Unrelated, I really need to give that Xinput wrapper a try sometime.

Yes it's plugged in via USB. I got it working yesterday (I had to check the box for the setting in LilyPad to use DS3 native, and after mashing the PS button for a bit it finally went to just the first LED being on. However today after resetting my computer and going to play again, I can't get it to come on. It just blinks.

E:
Ok I got it working again by removing the winusb filter, restarting, and redoing the instructions, and mashing the PS button more. Maybe it's just really inconsistent with how it works?
Nope, it's very consistent in my testing. You just can't skip any steps or it will get screwy. And remember, you have to turn the controller on in PCSX2, even if you aren't going to be playing a game in PCSX2.
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
(12-10-2012, 09:04 AM)TomTuff Wrote: Hello! I'm trying to get my PS3 controller to work with my pc WITHOUT using motioninjoy. I am running 64 bit Windows 7. I tried following the instructions in this post but they did not work. Can anyone walk me through how I can do this?

Edit: I am able to follow the instructions in the linked post up until step 6. After starting a game in PCSX2, when i press the PS button, the 4 red lights blink instead of 1 being on (not blinking)

@TomStuf

You do want to use DS3 whitout the use of Mjoy... do you ?

From the looks of it you WILL have to use an 3rd party util/tool/driver one way or another to get a ps3 ds3 to work on your pc iam afraid ..

So , why not try and use Mjoy ? I know, its not the most userfriendly app to install and config i agree..
But once you get it all setup fine ... it acts and play just like the real thing ... just perfect No side effects experienced in pcsx2 or ingame so far Biggrin

Rumble, sensure presure , deadzone... all can be configurated seperately in the Localized version of my Mjoy that i use Biggrin

Yeah, thats another annoying thing about Mjoy... the WWW requirements to just install / setup everything ...

Well as i said, i took care of that and no WWW is needed here .. else i wouldn't even have thought of it to use mjoy ... though Glare !!

Let me know if i can be of any help for you to setup the DS3 in pcsX2.. Biggrin

Also, i suggest using Xinput (x360 emulate) in pcsx2 and disable all the rest since it can conflict with one eachother ... My experience first hand here Blush

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
To anyone digging this thread up, I've been using the SCP drivers by Scarlet.Crush for a little while now. It's better than LibUSB and way better that Motion in Joy. You should use that instead. As of the time I'm writing this, the bluetooth drivers are currently in beta so they are not on the first post, but they are there, just look later in the thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

EDIT: Actually I meant this for another thread. Whoops. Eh who cares, it fits here.