Skipping field on interlanced game
Question 
I want to skip a field bottom or top in interlanced game then apply one of deinterlance methode. Is it possible or not ? If yes. Did nyone here ever try it? Thank you Smile
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y

Sponsored links

(04-23-2014, 04:20 PM)billyash Wrote: I want to skip a field bottom or top in interlanced game then apply one of deinterlance methode. Is it possible or not ? If yes. Did nyone here ever try it? Thank you Smile

wait... let's give an example, the field top is like

the field bottom is

and you want to skip one of then and then interlace?

PS: The tff and bff methods are about taking the top field first or the bottom field first ... but both need the correct fields to be there.

If were just the same frame divided in field the interlace would be meaningless, then each field is actually half of different frames. So in the tff method the top half of the "first frame" is sent and then the bottom half of the second frame is sent, repeat for third and forth frames and so on. The inverse occurs when taking the bottom field first but is structurally identical. The idea is the deinterlace mix those resulting 30 complete frames to feel like 60 FPS (in NTSC).
Imagination is where we are truly real
doesn't the blend deinterlace mode exactly do that? *scratches head*

ehh no. you want a filter that fills the skipped lines with a blend of the visible lines on each field. it's like a progressive bilinear stretch. that is there, atleast the look. the problem is the scanline shift. that's why the picture shakes in interlaced games on that output.

if would be even better to render the fields native to a virtual buffer twice the internal frame buffer size and render it out with the scanline shift. all unfiltered. that's the real progressive hack. that's not done yet. i already had it, but... zerogs and freakin' old.
(04-23-2014, 04:54 PM)dabore Wrote: doesn't the blend deinterlace mode exactly do that?

I'm not sure about what Billy ash meant, but if was about skipping one the fields, so, for example getting only the odd numbered fields he would be blending already filled lines and keeping the blank lines still blank... not the best idea Smile

Edit: If skipping two fields after the first, like taking the 1 and 4 fields, he would get a complete frame but too much dislodged, spaced halves and the result would be a lot messier for moving objects.
Imagination is where we are truly real
on a note: you can try frameskip 1/1 and use the none deinterlaced output. that's basicly skipping every second field and doesn't do the interlace. but as the tooltip says it's not reliable. if the game is good it works. but some effects are based on interlace techniques. so graphics can garbage. also if the game's internal framerate isn't constant it flips the fields inbetween. means it's shaking again, but random.
(04-23-2014, 05:00 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I'm not sure about what Billy ash meant, but if was about skipping one the fields, so, for example getting only the odd numbered fields he would be blending already filled lines and keeping the blank lines still blank... not the best idea Smile
yes. I want to skip odd or even line. One of them. Not both of them. Is it possible?
(04-23-2014, 05:58 PM)dabore Wrote: on a note: you can try frameskip 1/1 and use the none deinterlaced output. that's basicly skipping every second field and doesn't do the interlace. but as the tooltip says it's not reliable. if the game is good it works. but some effects are based on interlace techniques. so graphics can garbage. also if the game's internal framerate isn't constant it flips the fields inbetween. means it's shaking again, but random.

i have tried 1 frame to draw and 1 frame to skip on interlanced games. It seems works. look sharper and not shaking but it looks sometime skip both field. So i only get black screen on some interlanced game.
May be skipping constant one field solve shaking issue. Thank you Smile
Edit :
May be 1 frame to draw and 1 frame to skip is skipping frame. Not skipping field. That's why it caused blackscreen.