Slight fps drops - would like some help or info
I have been using this for over a month now and it works fantastically Smile

I have finished KH I recently and now playing some Persona 4
And I have been noticing some heavy frame rate drops in both, though not in entirely game breaking situations.

In KH I, the frame rate dropped to about 30-20, but only in a few cut scenes and only in specific camera angles in those cut scenes.
For example one of the earliest cut scenes still on the island, whenever the camera angle was in two specific positions, showcasing the sun, the game's fps would drop.
Again not game breaking but minor annoyance.

In P4 though the fps is a little more troublesome. It seems to drop to about 15-30 in the boss fights and a few of the regular fights I am at right now, but again, only in specific angles, this time occurring only when the camera in displaying the enemy/ies, and instantly rising to normal when an angle of the characters choosing how to act is shown.

This is a bit more game breaking, though I am not mad about it and would just like to know if I can improve the performance in any ways
with my computer rig:

.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 31,95 KB / Downloads: 335)

graphic card - NVidia GeForce GT 610
CPU - Core i5 - 2320 3.0GHz

I didn't fiddle with any of the configs in the emulator so if there's anything I can try to do please write, thanks Smile

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

- Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
- The version of PCSX2 you are using.
- Any non default settings you are using.
- What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
probably your GPU is bottlenecking the whole system on some demanding scenes. Please provide a screenshot of your pcsx2 settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(07-17-2015, 03:26 AM)ssakash Wrote: probably your GPU is bottlenecking the whole system on some demanding scenes. Please provide a screenshot of your pcsx2 settings.
pcsx2-r5875 1.2.1
ISOs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

He means the screens under Config->Emulator Settings (there are little cameras in the bottom left you can use to take screenshots), but also the plugin settings for GSDX and SPU2-X would be useful.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-17-2015, 01:18 PM)refraction Wrote: He means the screens under Config->Emulator Settings (there are little cameras in the bottom left you can use to take screenshots), but also the plugin settings for GSDX and SPU2-X would be useful.

OK I think I understand, thanks.

These?

You need to do each tab of emulation settings individually Tongue

As for GSDX, it might be slightly quicker if you set it to Direct3D 11 rather than Direct3D 9, also the "Allow 8bit textures" option may help possibly.

(07-17-2015, 01:58 PM)refraction Wrote: You need to do each tab of emulation settings individually Tongue

As for GSDX, it might be slightly quicker if you set it to Direct3D 11 rather than Direct3D 9, also the "Allow 8bit textures" option may help possibly.

OK, but which Direct 3D 11? I'll set it for now to hardware.

(07-17-2015, 02:29 PM)Momma Bosco Wrote: OK, but which Direct 3D 11? I'll set it for now to hardware.

Yes D3D 11 Hardware is the one you want.

That all looks fine, you could try turning MTVU on under the Speedhacks tab, that may speed things up slightly, but your GPU is a huge bottleneck.

That gpu... Go spend a tad more for at least a gpu that isn't weaker then a TI 85. .Anyone remember those?
Also what are your EE GS etc? Thought DX 11 should give you a little boost like above posts stated. Maybe 1-5 fps..
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10