Slow - AM64x2 @ 2.8ghz
Windows XP SP3
AMD64 4200+ @ 2.8ghz - AM2 Dual Core
2GB Mushkin Enhanced
ATI Radeon 4670 1024mb

The game: Okami.

Ok ive used both the GSdx890 1.14 and the Zerogs9.71 and ive messed with every possible combination that I can think of(except for zerogs with all its plugins).

Basically zerogs either drops to 15frames upon loading my game save and PCSX2 shuts down, or I can get it ingame, but the picture is a mixture of massive black lines and so many anomalies it would be impossible to even attempt to know what im looking at.

GSdx890 1.14 I can get running much better, but its mostly laggy 30-40fps and again graphic shadows glitches all over the place (ex a rock with black blocks all over it). Logarithmic Z fixed a couple of these, but its still pretty bad.

I noticed one guy had PCSX2 running smoothly with a AMD64 @ 2.4ghz. I would think I could run it the same. I have speed hacks to 3x and the top 2 on the right marked. The only thing I noticed he had different was his GSdx890 was actually a GSdx 1004 or something.

I am getting my FFX disc to see how that runs on it tommorow. Hopefully I get better results. If anyone knows anything that would help throw me a line.

Sponsored links

The information you provided doesn't help determine a cause of slowness one bit. Please be a little more indepth. But I can make an educated guess - it's your specs. You're either limited by processor or your gpu.
(04-20-2009, 11:18 AM)Cain Wrote: The information you provided doesn't help determine a cause of slowness one bit. Please be a little more indepth. But I can make an educated guess - it's your specs. You're either limited by processor or your gpu.

Limited by a 4670? Doubt it... They're like 3x powerfuller than the 360/PS3 GPU.

The CPU, probably.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
i know it's not ontopic, but how much faster will a game, as example god of war run, when i turn the resolution from 1024x1024 down to 600x 400 or something? Huh
Thx in advantage.
@Blackdog22 : try to play your ps2 games in OS Vista. you will see better performance because your card already support directx.10.1, Ps.4.1 features, also download latest gsdx plugin in gsdx thread. just an info gsdx r.1006 0.1.15 give more add fps in FFXII game in my OS XP Sp.3 and Vista Sp.1.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Ahh ok Register, I somehow missed that latest revision part of the thread. Awesome, so it looks like the team is moving real fast? I love these guys =D. I can't do Vista, don't know if id want to either for the problems with others games it seems to have(word of mouth, I have barely tried it). Ok, im gonna check out this new version and see if that helps. One more thing, if a 2.8ghz is limiting me and the highest AMD currently makes is a 3.0ghz then how is anyone else running this thing with AMD?

Well, FFX looked good til the first real battle. It either falls to 40-50(acts like its 20-30) or it is at 60 but acts like its 30-40. I messed around with most of the settings, I guess im just kinda screwed. Which AMD would you recommend for making this work for sure? I need to upgrade anyways since my CPU is my bottleneck right now.
I retried Okami and the textures are better, but the shadow blotches still appear off in the distance and I can see through the ground in some spots. It tells me its running at 60fps, which it is smoother, but its not a steady 60 I can definitely tell when it starts slowing down. So I guess the FPS monitor is showing false for some reason. It is running better though! Kickbutt Job guys!

Hey Cain, what other info do you need? I gave you every spec I can think of.
Just a sugestion, you could edit the Gsdx ini and set res to 384x384 , you will find it in the ini`s folder..You will be inpressed at the gain in frame rate. dont open the gsdx pluggin config in pcsx after changing the ini or it will reset the values to 512x512.
I was getting 24fps ingame in WWF and now get 36-50(i use pal so 50 is full)
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
That means you have a weak card. With a decent one, resolution must not be a factor to increase/decrease fps (unless you're using a HUGE one)
(05-08-2009, 06:37 PM)tiku Wrote: That means you have a weak card. With a decent one, resolution must not be a factor to increase/decrease fps (unless you're using a HUGE one)

4670's not a weak card in the slightest....Rolleyes
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.