Slow FPS Arch Linux
Hello, Everyone.
I've tried many configurations, but i'm getting a slow fps on my pcsx2 1.3.0.0 (snv)
My PC's Configuration is:
AMD Radeon 7850
AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz
and when i use windows, the emulator works at a good speed.
but, i'm trying to leave windows.
One thing that is preventing me to migrate to Arch, is the FPS Slow downs.
I'm using GSdx (GCC 4.8.2, SSE2) as Graphic Plugin.
with this configuration:
[Image: capturadetela-13-07-2014-151724.php][Image: capturadetela-13-07-2014-151818.php]

This is my Speedhacks configuration.
[Image: capturadetela-13-07-2014-151935.php]

someone know how i can fix it?

thanks for attention Smile

Sponsored links

In general, PCSX2 just isn't as fast in linux as it is in windows (for lots of technical reasons I don't know about). For example, the linux build doesn't support SSE3/SSSE3/4/avx. You can try turning up the EE cycle rate speed hack. I've had fairly good luck with it. You can also try running the windows version via WINE. I suspect you're running free graphics card drivers (the bug fix for the weird inverted graphics in GSdx is due to a bug in Mesa, according to Gregory, who actually submitted the patches for that exact feature in Mesa), so you could try using proprietary drivers. There's always overclocking as well. Also, building from git is best. There's a package in the AUR called pcsx2-git. Build and install it.
(07-14-2014, 12:30 AM)Urisma Wrote: In general, PCSX2 just isn't as fast in linux as it is in windows (for lots of technical reasons I don't know about). For example, the linux build doesn't support SSE3/SSSE3/4/avx. You can try turning up the EE cycle rate speed hack. I've had fairly good luck with it. You can also try running the windows version via WINE. I suspect you're running free graphics card drivers (the bug fix for the weird inverted graphics in GSdx is due to a bug in Mesa, according to Gregory, who actually submitted the patches for that exact feature in Mesa), so you could try using proprietary drivers. There's always overclocking as well. Also, building from git is best. There's a package in the AUR called pcsx2-git. Build and install it.

Okay, thank you.
try zzogl its fast for me
Specifications:

AMD Sempron 3850 @ 1.3GHz
Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS