Slow Game
Question 
I was wondering why is it that my computer slows down when I play SOCOM: US Navy SEALs every time I either jump or fire my weapons. I got a new computer that is faster than my old one so I know that it cannot just be my computer. My computer specs are the following:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
Display Adapters: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series.

I know that the recommended for processors is 3.4 GHz but according to my brother who built the computer and other posts on this website my processor should be great for this emulator.

Is it the type of game that I am playing, ie there is a more stable release of it out, or is it my computer? I know I only tried one game so far, but it is a game that I've been wanting to play for a while now since I entered into university.

Sponsored links

The game seems pretty demanding this guy used this configuration... the amd processor doesn't help ive been told though...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1065T @ 2.97 Ghz.
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
EE Cyclerate 3, VU Cycle Stealing 3, everything in speedhacks page enabled, Delay VIF1 Stalls
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
Thanks for help but what does "EE Cyclerate 3, VU Cycle Stealing 3, everything in speedhacks page enabled, Delay VIF1 Stalls" mean? I went to the emulator settings and noticed some of the things you said. But for EE Cyclerate 3 I don't see it.

EDIT: I think I see what you meant there. I did the preset settings to 3. Everything seems to be working fine. But what if I put them on 6? It says it will crash more but according to my brother my computer is a top gaming computer and should handle everything that the emulator has to offer.
I don't know much about the speedhacks either but I know that they are exactly what they sound like "hacks" so it should not surprise you the higher they are set the more likely they are to break the game... and I have not encountered a game that needs them yet but amd just isn't geared towards emulation I have heard..
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
Thanks, but I uncovered a new problem. For some reason, the emulation runs extremely fast during the cut scenes and runs, well to me at least, normal speed during the game play. How can I slow down the cut scenes?

EDIT: My bad, I think I added on the turbo feature when I was unaware.
Quote:I know that the recommended for processors is 3.4 GHz but according to my brother who built the computer and other posts on this website my processor should be great for this emulator.
change for another brother, then Laugh

honestly, that rig isn't that bad, but not ideal for this emu, I'm affraid.
What do the EE% & GS% say when it slows down ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am not sure what my EE% & GS% when they slowed downed but I think it was just because I changed some of the default settings to different things. I think that was causing the error since when I changed it back the only slowdown was when I was editing a video and playing the game at the same time Tongue.