Poll: Sub-Par PC or Super Game!?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lackluster PC
50.00%
1 50.00%
Demanding Game
50.00%
1 50.00%
...wuh? D:
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Slow Gameplay - PC Failure or Hardcore Game?!
Hallo, I'm just wondering if there is anyone who was able to adapt and overcome this issue through some tweak or something.

I have here, an issue, that stems from a few games that I /want/ to play pretty badly to try out before I decide if I want to invest in actually buying a copy for permanent use. The first one was Sakura Wars ~So Long My Love~ and the second one is Odin Sphere, there was a few others, but the links were dead... D:

Now the problem I've had was that when an FMV or some sort of staged play started up, my FPS would tank. Normally I get 55-63 FPS since that's what it is set to, but when an FMV starts up for Sakura Wars, it drops to about 30, and when I entered my first battle it died even further and went down to 15'ish or so... a little more and a little less. I'm not sure what to do about it, I've turned on a bunch of speed hacks and they didn't work, didn't even seem to make an impact as far as I could tell.

I then tried to play Odin Sphere, figured it wasn't as demanding as Sakura Wars somehow, but when a little cutscene started up, not an FMV, I was getting like 30'ish FPS as well...

I then proceeded to test something out by playing another game that was working fine and thought maybe it was something else after I had replaced my HDD and installed a fresh copy of windows 7. Before I was playing on XP with a different HDD. I loaded up AR Tonelic: Melody of Metafalica and the intro FMV was playing at full speed.

So! I don't know what's going on here... I'll list some specs I have and it'd be nice if someone could lend me some helpful advice.

----[ PC Specs ]
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo(E4500) @ 2.2GHz
RAM: 4Gb
GFX: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT(512mb)
HDD: 1.5 TB Seagate... I think.

----[ PCSX2 Emulator ]
Version: 0.9.7.3876m (svn) Oct 5th, 2010
GS: GSdx 3693(MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16 [gsdx-ssse3-r3878]
--- Renderer: Direct3D10(Hardware)
--- Interlacing: None
--- D3D Upscaling(Note: Have used Native also, no difference)
---- Internal Res: 1920 x 1080
---- Scaling: 3x
---- Texture Filtering: Checked

PAD: SSSPSX PAD Pressure Mod 1.7.1 [PadSSSPSX]

SPU2: SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r3878]
--- Interpolations: 1 - Linear
--- Reverb Boost Factor: 1x - Normal Reverb Volume
--- Module: 1 - XAudio 2(recommended)
---- Latency: 150ms(avg)
--- Synchronizing Mode: TimeStretch(Recommended)
--- Audio Expansion Mode: Stero(none, default)

CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]

USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [USBnull]

FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0 [FWnull]

DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [DEV9null]

BIOS: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

Well, I think that covers it... Have fun! XD

Addendum:
When I disabled frame limiting, normal gameplay was clocked anywhere between 80-300 FPS, but when FMV's started, it dropped down to 35-50(still slow and distorted), when combat started it was about 20... still horridly slow. XD

Sponsored links

(02-19-2011, 01:44 PM)Widget Wrote: I have here, an issue, that stems from a few games that I /want/ to play pretty badly to try out before I decide if I want to invest in actually buying a copy for permanent use. The first one was Sakura Wars ~So Long My Love~ and the second one is Odin Sphere, there was a few others, but the links were dead... D:

That's what renting is for. Don't download games, and read the rules before you post.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go