Slow Hot Shots Golf Fore! (First time poster)
First time posting on the forums, not sure if I'm in the right place. Right now I have a problem with Hot Shots Golf Fore!, whenever there are two or more characters on the screen (basically whenever you are setting up a shot at the tee or on the green) there's a gigantic amount of lag that brings it down to about 50 fps but in slow motion. At native resolution it's better but still experiences this slowdown. When golfing anywhere else where it's just the character there's no slowdown whatsoever. Is there any hack or anything to fix this or is it purely from a lack of power?

Specs are:
MSi 660ti OC edition
3570k OC @ 4.00 Ghz (evo 212 cooler)
8Gb 1600 Ram

Anything else just ask.

Sponsored links

Try enabling recommended speed hacks in config emulation speed hacks.
(05-11-2014, 05:12 AM)rmcin329 Wrote: Try enabling recommended speed hacks in config emulation speed hacks.

Already enabled, anything else?
Well when configuring the graphics plugin you can try switching from D3D9 to D3D11, or vice versa. (referring to hardware mode, not software) You can also try putting the EE cyclerate under speedhacks to 2 and/or the VU cyclestealing to 1. How well those particular speedhacks work, seems to vary from game to game though. Thats about all i can really think of at the moment, maybe someone who knows more will come along and offer further advice.
Hot shots doesn't run well on anything i don't think .
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-11-2014, 05:42 AM)rmcin329 Wrote: Well when configuring the graphics plugin you can try switching from D3D9 to D3D11, or vice versa. (referring to hardware mode, not software) You can also try putting the EE cyclerate under speedhacks to 2 and/or the VU cyclestealing to 1. How well those particular speedhacks work, seems to vary from game to game though. Thats about all i can really think of at the moment, maybe someone who knows more will come along and offer further advice.

That actually helped a bunch, not perfect but it's completely playable. Thanks a ton!
Glad I could help, I wouldn't recommend setting the EE or VU speedhacks any higher then those settings though. Oh also if you aren't already using the latest version of the emulator, then try updating it.