Slow PCSX2 0.9.8
hey guys,
new here and new to PCSX2. I have about 4 games ive tried and they all tend to be running slow.. my GS is usualy around 30% but my EE maxes out and the game sllows down.. here are my specs:

AMD Phenom X4 9650 running at 2462MHz
4GB DDR2 800
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 1G Ram

please don't tell me my CPU is to slow :/

any other suggestions?

games ive tried:
FFX
Grand T4
Virtua Fighter 4

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Its like you feared the cpu is probably to slow if you could get it up to 3-4 ghz you might get better speed.

Generally AMD processors are alot slower then Intel when it comes to emulation esp pcsx2.

However since it is a quad core cpu you could try the MTVU speed hack in the latest pcsx2 builds to take advantage of some extra cores on the processor.
(02-28-2012, 08:32 AM)hyakki Wrote: Its like you feared the cpu is probably to slow if you could get it up to 3-4 ghz you might get better speed.

ok thanks. aftermarket cpu cooler time i guess.. :/
not a huge change to get the Phenom I that high, There was a major flaw in those CPUs, hence they had a quite low clockspeed Smile I would say if u really want to keep having AMD try the Phenom II X4 980 BE, it's not that expensive anymore and imo it's quite a decent cpu for atleast the games I played.
This thread may seem old but I'm having a same problem with and without some speedhacks..

I'm playing Star Ocean 3 or even Tekken 5, tried different games and I'm running an AMD Zambezi 8-core slightly overclocked to 3.9ghz, a GTX 550ti fermi card with no overclocking and it seems that I still have some frame loss during various cutscenes/segments of the game... I'm running 8gb of DDR3 memory OC'ed to 1600mhz.... Any help would be awesome.