Slow/Unresponsive Controls on FFX
I am using PCSX2 + MotionJoy + Official Sony PS3 (DS and SixAxis) controller (wireless)

When I am playing FFX the controls will suddenly become unresponsive, but it is more of a delay than complete lack of function. I can hit a button maybe 10 times and it will work once; sometimes the movement buttons will stick and I won't be able to change the direction I am running in etc...

Sometimes switching the controller off and on will resolve this, but not every time and not for the rest of the time I am playing. Recently it happens more frequently, even after switching off and on again and seems to get worse and more frequent the longer I try to play.

This does not happen on other games either on PCSX2 or other emulators (for different consoles); just FFX.

I am sorry if this has been covered somewhere on this forum, I couldn't find anything relating to this issue - only completely unresponsive controls/not working controllers.

Sponsored links

Do not use MJ use Scarlets driver instead http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/45-misc.html
I second Topken's recommendation. I switched from Motioninjoy to Scarlet's driver and never looked back.
Thanks guys. I have done this and it seems to have made an improvement but had a brief(er than usual) spell of being pretty sluggish responsively. I am not sure as to whether this is because I was unable to remove some of the MotioninJoy registry keys manually (that ***** is hard to get rid of completely, huh?).

I will continue to test with this set up, but so far it seems to still be only on FFX.
Thought:

I had an old Logitech wireless PS2 controller. It worked by only sending updates if the controller state changed. For example.

You press cross. The controller sends that information to it's receiver.
You keep holding cross for 10 minutes. No new info sent.
You release cross. The controller sends that information to it's receiver.
It was done this way to save battery. Also if you were holding UP on the stick for instance, and it lost sync, you would keep going up until you resynced the controller, as the receiver was still waiting for the controller to tell it that up was no longer pressed.

IDK if the PS3 controller does it the same way, but if it does, then this points to some manner of wireless interference. Or low battery. Or gremlins. But if it's only on FFX that's odd.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-14-2013, 12:54 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Thought:

I had an old Logitech wireless PS2 controller. It worked by only sending updates if the controller state changed. For example.

You press cross. The controller sends that information to it's receiver.
You keep holding cross for 10 minutes. No new info sent.
You release cross. The controller sends that information to it's receiver.
It was done this way to save battery. Also if you were holding UP on the stick for instance, and it lost sync, you would keep going up until you resynced the controller, as the receiver was still waiting for the controller to tell it that up was no longer pressed.

IDK if the PS3 controller does it the same way, but if it does, then this points to some manner of wireless interference. Or low battery. Or gremlins. But if it's only on FFX that's odd.

Thanks for your post. Not sure if it does work the same way, but you may be on to something with 'gremlins'.

I have a new rig built around my old C: until I can afford a new HDD to have a fresh install of windows on. Because this is all new hardware plugged into a Windows install that is used my old hardware, I am having a fair amount of little niggly issues in various things and this could be another manifestation of that. But still: strange that it is just FFX.

Wireless interference could be another issue, although I doubt it (again: why only FFX?) and it;s definitely not low battery.

I haven't had chance to try any other games, or more FFX, since my last post but I will keep trying. If I ever get round to making a new Windows install I'll be sure to report how that goes for others who may be having the same issue.

(It may be worth mentioning that, before I put this new rig around my old C: and it was part of my old rig: I played with a 2 different analogue PSX controllers (I forget if they vibrated) via a USB > PSX adapter and it worked flawlessly. When I went to use this on the new rig it was very selective with then it would work with PCSX2 and I would often have to go through a lot of unplugging and re-installing of drivers to get it to function in there. This was probably due to the 'niggly problems' mentioned above).
I had a similar problem and tried all of the above and probably then some. But the thing that did it was switching USB ports. It just goes to show the biggest issues can be solved with really simple fixes. I don't know if you'll read this but if it is still unresponsive try fixing by doing something simpler.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD