Slow down: Suikoden III & Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Hello again fellas, I am sure this probably been heard of before or but I been trying playing Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter and Suikoden III on the latest revision of PCSX2 and notice during some point in the game, mainly in towns for both of these games, the framerate would normally drop down from 60fps to around 45fps.

But only in town but everywhere else seems to run smoothly and curious if this is common for those that have tried running this on en emulator and wonder if the coders are aware of this and could it possibly be fixed with the official 0.9.9 or something, I know rama (still thanking you for that flickering issue for GXtreme Smile ) has done a lot but I am not sure if this is the gsxd issue or something else..anyways just like to point that out since I believe this is a common issue for most people and wonder if they'll be a chance being fixed in the future.

Sponsored links

Works at about 130 FPS here so yeah not an issue you just need more CPU power.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah, well I have an AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB DRR2 @ 800 MHz of RAM, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti @ 1024MB VRAM and Windows 7 64 bit with speed hacks on, so I am guessing it's my cpu? If so, you think I might need to overclock it?
Yeah most probably your CPU. Are you using the MTVU hack already? OCing will surely help
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yes, I am using the mtvu hack, but if I were to overclock, just by how much should I be overclocking it to if you don't mind me asking this?
AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD 7200 RPM Sata III, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 1024MB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit), ASUS VE248 1920 x 1080
How peculiar as I currently playing BoF DQ here. My advice is NOT to use MTVU hack or VU cycle hack, the former actually cause slowdown and the latter will make some later enemies stuck at their turn.
As a reference for yourself. I've a Phenom II 955 @ 4GHz, 6950@ 900/1400, and I've no problems what so ever with any games I've played speed-wise. So overclocking should hopefully help you, in your case.

Although, that phenom is an AM2? by the looks of it, not AM3.
No, mine is an AM3 AMD X4 960T which has a 3.4 GHz Turbo but I know that's not the same as overclocking but if I were to overclock somewhere around your speed, don't I need to buy a new heat sink and new thermal paste to handle that much power?
AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD 7200 RPM Sata III, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 1024MB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit), ASUS VE248 1920 x 1080
That depends.

How hot is it now under load and/or stress testing?
(03-16-2012, 09:24 PM)Rezard Wrote: That depends.

How hot is it now under load and/or stress testing?

I've never tried anything like that to see how hot it gets, anywhere I can go to test something like that to see for myself?