Slow game at normal FPS (Suikoden 3)
Exclamation 
Okay so I've been searching around for a solution, but being new to emulation in general I didn't even really know what terms to search I think, which didn't help much. So sorry if this is a common post.

Anyway I'm trying to play Suikoden 3, I've followed the sticky for configuring my plugins as best I can and the games runs at a solid 40-60 FPS depending on whats on screen. But the game itself is running like it's in slow motion.
Like the animations are all really slow and the music is choppy to still try and match the video.

Now I know emulation is a lot different than normal PC gameplay, but isn't there some way for it to correct the speed of the game, even at a loss of FPS or something?

I've tried checking the emulation and plugin options but most of the terms make no sense to me, so I'm unsure what to try. Any ideas?

Sponsored links

(02-15-2014, 08:26 AM)Yensoo Wrote: Okay so I've been searching around for a solution, but being new to emulation in general I didn't even really know what terms to search I think, which didn't help much. So sorry if this is a common post.

Anyway I'm trying to play Suikoden 3, I've followed the sticky for configuring my plugins as best I can and the games runs at a solid 40-60 FPS depending on whats on screen. But the game itself is running like it's in slow motion.
Like the animations are all really slow and the music is choppy to still try and match the video.

Now I know emulation is a lot different than normal PC gameplay, but isn't there some way for it to correct the speed of the game, even at a loss of FPS or something?

I've tried checking the emulation and plugin options but most of the terms make no sense to me, so I'm unsure what to try. Any ideas?

Speed hacks can cause false fps readings. 40 fps is also 2/3 normal speed
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'm not using any speed hacks as far as I know.

And I understand that it's less than usual FPS, but for most games they just skip frames I think when the FPS is too low. Cause 40-60 FPS is totally playable, as long as the game moves normal speed.
(02-15-2014, 08:37 AM)Yensoo Wrote: I'm not using any speed hacks as far as I know.

And I understand that it's less than usual FPS, but for most games they just skip frames I think when the FPS is too low. Cause 40-60 FPS is totally playable, as long as the game moves normal speed.
The ps2 syncs everything to the framerate. So if you are at 40 fps everything will be at 2/3 speed.
Is there nothing I can do about it aside from buying a new computer than can keep up 60 FPS at all times?
(02-15-2014, 08:49 AM)Yensoo Wrote: Is there nothing I can do about it aside from buying a new computer than can keep up 60 FPS at all times?

What are your specs?
(02-15-2014, 08:49 AM)Yensoo Wrote: Is there nothing I can do about it aside from buying a new computer than can keep up 60 FPS at all times?

Well what are your current specs?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Ive testes Suikoden 3, tested ALL the settings, I was not able to run it at full speed everywhere with a 2500k @ 4,7ghz.... leave this game he is very bad anyway.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(02-15-2014, 09:02 AM)Coma Wrote: Ive testes Suikoden 3, tested ALL the settings, I was not able to run it at full speed everywhere with a 2500k @ 4,7ghz.... leave this game he is very bad anyway.

It's been run at full speed before. Look at the compatibility report for it.
Full speed 85% of the game yes, but in some places its slow. You can put base framerate 150 or 200 maybe it will solve, I think it worked a little for me.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert