Slow games? (Shadow of colossus, sly 2)
Hey, I'm new to the forums and to emulating and I have tried to run a few games. (Shadow of colossus, sly 2, a wipeout game) They are all pretty slow and the sound is pretty terrible. Is there any way to get these games to run properly? I apolagise if I am missing something stupidly obvious. I have tried the speed hacks and they don't make a difference.

System specs:
Vista
x3 AMD Phenom II
6BG DDR3
1.5T of storage
ATI Radeon HD 4850 1024MB

Sponsored links

(03-17-2013, 08:13 PM)TravellingMerchant Wrote: Hey, I'm new to the forums and to emulating and I have tried to run a few games. (Shadow of colossus, sly 2, a wipeout game) They are all pretty slow and the sound is pretty terrible. Is there any way to get these games to run properly? I apolagise if I am missing something stupidly obvious. I have tried the speed hacks and they don't make a difference.

System specs:
Vista
x3 AMD Phenom II
6BG DDR3
1.5T of storage
ATI Radeon HD 4850 1024MB
Phenom is bad with PCSX2.
I think that's the issue.. I've seen multiple people have problems and they have Phenom so, yeah. Phenom sucks.
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
(03-17-2013, 08:39 PM)Toby Wrote: Phenom is bad with PCSX2.
I think that's the issue.. I've seen multiple people have problems and they have Phenom so, yeah. Phenom sucks.

The set up thing said its one of the ones that works?
Phenom isn't necessary bad for PCSX2, even though you will get more speed with an Intel with PCSX2, but towards Merchant, you try to play 2 games which are one of the more heavier games to emulate and I'm afraid your system is not really cut out to play them at 60 fps.
Sotc is slow, even on your ps2.
But it's one of those particular games which react very well to vu cycle stealing speedhack.
Use it. Never tried Sly, so i cant help about it.

Oh, and to be clear : phenom/phenom 2 are quite good with pcsx2. Really better than Bulldozer, less good than intel's counterparts.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-17-2013, 09:13 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Phenom isn't necessary bad for PCSX2, even though you will get more speed with an Intel with PCSX2, but towards Merchant, you try to play 2 games which are one of the more heavier games to emulate and I'm afraid your system is not really cut out to play them at 60 fps.
Thanks for the help, although I do not see why sly 2 would be heavy to emulate. What kind of games would run? Stuff like KH or Jak games? Would they work?
(03-17-2013, 09:18 PM)TravellingMerchant Wrote: Thanks for the help, although I do not see why sly 2 would be heavy to emulate. What kind of games would run? Stuff like KH or Jak games? Would they work?
Kingdom Hearts are, as I've heard, one of the games with the least requirements.
You'd probably be able to play it but might experience issues like I do.
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
(03-17-2013, 08:39 PM)Toby Wrote: Phenom is bad with PCSX2.

Mine Works VERY well...
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(03-17-2013, 09:21 PM)Toby Wrote: Kingdom Hearts are, as I've heard, one of the games with the least requirements.
You'd probably be able to play it but might experience issues like I do.

Thanks, downloading it now. Going to take a few hours though. Dx
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go