Slow motion on a good computer ( GTX 670 )
Hello good day to everyone!

Just like you i enjoy old school jrpgs and PS2 games. But i m really having a problem running games at max settings.
FPS drops down to 20's even one digit FPS. I'm wondering what's wrong with my setup.

My PC specs is:

CPU: Intel core i5-3450 @ 3.2 Ghz
MOBO: Asrock H77 Pro/MVP
GPU: POV Nvidia Gtx 670 ( 306.97 latest legit drivers )
HDD: 500 gb
RAM: 8gb Ripjaws @ 1600
PSU: Seasonic M12 | 520w + 80 bronze

BIOS PLUGIN settings

[Image: 11507589.jpg]

D3D settings

[Image: 11507599.jpg]

FPS

[Image: 11507612.jpg]

I didn't have this problem with my previous Sapphir 7870 OC and i'm 1000% sure that a gtx 670 is much much powerful than 7870.

Any help would be much appreciated thank you!

Sponsored links

Emulation is more demanding on the CPU, yours is good but may need speedhacks in a game or two...

Besides it is totally different than playing native PC games. So the problem is very probably in what you call running at max settings.

But to actually help we need to know what you are trying to play and actual PCSX2 configuration.

PS: The most common mistake from owners of relatively powerful machine is trying to get everything ultra maxed in all games. The demands on the devices grow exponentially while the actual perceived visual quality grows logarithmically. From that is not hard to perceive to each situation there is the optimal point (a bell curve) where performance/cost is ideal and falls too quickly from the minimal "abuse" on the settings.

I know we want to feel our machines is able to get highs, this happens to me as well. But we must not forget the common sense and be able to "hear the engine" in a gross analogy with piloting a car.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Double post :

BTW , i'm running PCSX2 1.0.0 with English BIOS 1.60

Already tried playing with the settings but it seems like 1920x1080 and x16 msaa don't coincide with each other Sad(

I really wanna play Wild arms 3 and BoF : DQ on full potential help please! and thank you!
start with lowering that 16x msaa wich is utterly useless with your resolution and you should be fine.
Agree with vishy92, that 16x MSAA is absurd. If you care about the jaggies so much, use 4x native resolution. As a recommendation, always use the X-valued native resolution instead of forcing 1920*1080.
you run beyond pcsx2 emulator default setting thats why you see performance drop greatly!!!

use your cpu latest fastest speed SSE4.1 not SSE2

disable hw hacks and msaa(not stable and compatibility issue mostly no one used)!!!

use original ps2 native resolution!!!

disable shade boost!!!

gray texture filtering!!!

disable edge anti aliasing(AA1)!!!

use recommended speedhack!!!

PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!

ps2 Emulator run huge different from pc game!!!
(11-28-2012, 04:55 PM)knightt Wrote: use original ps2 native resolution!!!

Probably don't need to do this since this GPU was a monstrous one.
would using ss4 make a difference?? and did you tried lowering your MSAA??? @nosisab Ken Keleh and it maybe true that emulated games needs CPU power than GPU but c'mon even though its not a K processor series his rig is already a monster
but i think it would help if he lower his internal resolution and MSAA and see if that works, but if he did that high settings with that option with the 7870 and get 60fps constant then idk what to say
(11-28-2012, 06:40 PM)devilscorner Wrote: would using ss4 make a difference?? and did you tried lowering your MSAA??? @nosisab Ken Keleh and it maybe true that emulated games needs CPU power than GPU but c'mon even though its not a K processor series his rig is already a monster
but i think it would help if he lower his internal resolution and MSAA and see if that works, but if he did that high settings with that option with the 7870 and get 60fps constant then idk what to say

The change from SSE2 to SSE4.x can be beneficial, since each revision of the SSE is better optimized. If your CPU can use SSE4.x, I suggest you go ahead and use that instead of 2.
The issue has been mentioned: 16x MSAA. Lower to 0x and use a high internal res (3x or 4x native) and it'll be fine.