Slow motion to regular speed.
I'm not sure if it is every game, but I have at this point tried Star Ocean 3 and Rogue Galaxy and both give me a massive slow down. With speed hacks I can go over 100+ FPS, but then for a about 10-15 seconds i'll go back down to 30-40FPS. I put on the limiter, so I just get the steady 60FPS whenever it goes back up. It stays normal for another 10-15 seconds or more, then slows again. I have the newest version of PCSXE and plugins. These are my spec

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9550 Quad-Core Processor, x86 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
RAM: 3327 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+, 512 Mb
Hard Drive: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 109746 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M3A78-EMH HDMI

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Sponsored links

Quote:Score:2 out of 4

Minumum Req. TongueASS
C2D or AMD x2~ at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card(Except 64-bit bandwidth video card)
Recommended Req. :FAILED
For i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz(Except P4,PDC,C2D,C2Q,i3),For AMD x2~ at 4.0Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum Req. :FAILED
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
Priority Req. TongueASS
*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD without X,athlon 64,Turion,Celpron,486,586,Intel-Atom,Intel-Centrino,Intel-Celeron,Intel-Core-Solo,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement..

SO3 and RG is pretty demanding you need to pass the recommended status unfortunately you didnt,try OC your CPU at 4ghz
otherwise use Lv-4 preset slider speedhacks or toggle "TAB" for Turbo mode.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
The glitchy framerate you get is from overuse of the cycle speedhacks.
So yea, you'll simply need a faster CPU to properly fix this, no way around it.
Thanks for the help
Can my processor be overclocked to 4.0GHz? I've only overclocked my GPU. Not sure how to overclock CPU. I really didn't think this was the issue as I can play Skyrim/Saints Row 3 ect. ect. perfectly fine. Is there a moderately priced Processor out there that you guys recommend?
A little overclocking is always possible but you should have good cooling and know what you do (there's good guides for Phenoms).

Unfortunately you already have one of the best AMD processors and can't simply buy a faster one.
(PCSX2 prefers Intel processors.)
So basically trade up for an i7 cuz AMD are garbage? I'm rather confident I can overclock my CPU properly given the proper steps. It seems like CPU is much more complicated than GPU to overclock though. In any case, again thanks for the help, really appreciate it. Hate not being able to play what I want to play >.<

EDIT: I was looking at the intel chips, and even their top of the line is marginally better than what I have. For any decent upgrade from an intel it's going to be 500$+. Are AMD really so bad that a crappier version of an intel is better than the AMD? I have an aftermarket monster CPU fan and I have the GPU working at 100% during gaming, so it should be fine on heat.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2
(12-02-2011, 10:30 PM)rama Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

Hah, looks like the answer to that question is "definately". Stupid Phenom. I'm getting my friend from Geek Squad to come OC it, see if I can get 3+ GHz out of it. Wish me luck. I only need about 15 more FPS to be good to go.
Lol, have fun and keep it sane Wink
(12-02-2011, 11:23 PM)rama Wrote: Lol, have fun and keep it sane Wink

Will do, thanks for the help, especially the speedy help. =D