Slow performance across games. Please could someone help?
I installed PCSX2 recently, but I can't work out if I'm configuring it badly or my computer just can't cut it. It runs all games slowly/choppily.

Specs:
Windows 8.1 x64
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz (8 CPUs)
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 650M

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

What games did you try?
Mercenaries, although I read it's a killer to try.
The Warriors
James Bond: Everything or Nothing
Fifa Street 2
The Getaway
cpu is too slow, 2.4 will just barely cover it but those are intense games
In GSdx (Video Settings), Set the Adapter as your NVIDIA card, Renderer must be DirectX 11, Interlacing: Auto and check Original PS2 Resolution: Native. Leave everything else off.
(06-18-2014, 07:31 PM)BKfan98 Wrote: In GSdx (Video Settings), Set the Adapter as your NVIDIA card, Renderer must be DirectX 11, Interlacing: Auto and check Original PS2 Resolution: Native. Leave everything else off.

Those games wil be unplayable with these settings
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Nope no improvement, but thanks. I suppose my CPU can't handle it. The EE regularly hits 100%, if that's any indication of CPU power/use.
(06-18-2014, 07:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Those games wil be unplayable with these settings

OP's CPU is Octa-Core. It should work fine.
I was almost forgetting. Go to Emulation Settings. In VU tab set VU0 and VU1 from MicroVU to SuperVU. Also enable all the speedhacks, expecially MTVU, and leave speedhack EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing set to normal. If it still doesn't work try setting VU Cycle Stealing to 2 or 3.
(06-18-2014, 07:43 PM)BKfan98 Wrote: I was almost forgetting. Go to Emulation Settings. In VU tab set VU0 and VU1 from MicroVU to SuperVU. Also enable all the speedhacks, expecially MTVU, and leave speedhack EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing set to normal. If it still doesn't work try setting VU Cycle Stealing to 2 or 3.
No, don't use MTVU on 007 Everything or Nothing. That will cause MAJOR issues.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]