Slowdown!
Hello all,

I suspect you get this all the time but I thought I might as well check.

I've been playing through the Tekken series and have completed 1, 2 and 3 on the PS1 through emulation on my pc.

I downloaded and set up PCSX2 and got hold of Tekken Tag Tournament.

The intro, opening fmv and character select screen all work fine but as soon as I get into a fight it slows right down.

I'm pretty sure my PC is to blame but I might as well see if there are any work arounds to get this going.

Ram: 2gb
System: 64bit
Windows: 7
Processor: Pentium Dual Core, 2.50 ghz
Graphics card: Geforce 7100/Nvidia nforce 630i

Do I have any hope of PS2 emulation?

Thanks!

EDIT - By the way, I am using PCSX2 1.0.0

Sponsored links

Yeah your PC is the cause... you're looking at a tri or quad core system at 3ghz+ and a decent mid-range video card to get that game playable. Maybe even higher on the CPU specs (not completely positive since I don't have the game, just know it's not one of the easier to emulate titles).
[Image: 2748844.png]
HEH. I just tested this game out and I can't even get 60fps in it.... I don't know what kind of system you need for it but even with my 3rd gen I5 at 4.5ghz I cant get even get 50fps in it. Holy crap....
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
*points to sig*
This game running really weird even use 2x native it still isn't sharp
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
How do you cope wit all the black lines in hardware mode?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Thanks for the replies guys.

Does that mean I could be able to play other PS2 games that are a bit less intensive.

And thanks for the link to your guide Saiki, I will try it.
Some of the simpler 2D games definitely, but beyond that I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Both your CPU and GPU are terrible for PCSX2, and if I had to choose which would be more limiting, it'd be that integrated graphics... That thing is only really designed for desktop use. A low level add on card would expand your possibilities somewhat, but anything beyond that would be completely wasted on your low end CPU.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-13-2013, 05:52 PM)Koji Wrote: Some of the simpler 2D games definitely, but beyond that I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Both your CPU and GPU are terrible for PCSX2, and if I had to choose which would be more limiting, it'd be that integrated graphics... That thing is only really designed for desktop use. A low level add on card would expand your possibilities somewhat, but anything beyond that would be completely wasted on your low end CPU.

Gotcha, cheers for the help.