Slowdown fixed by mouse?
Hey all

I seem to have a strange problem that I can't find a fix for anywhere. Every so often when I'm playing any game the program will slow down and will stay slow until I move my mouse. I'm not sure what's causing this as I have no kind of power save option or sleep mode enabled of any kind. I messed around with different settings but nothing has fixed this problem.

I'm running pcsx2- r5828 if that helps any. My computer specs are well above the suggested requirements (4670k, 770, 8GB etc) so Im not sure what the problem is.

Sponsored links

Are you running an Antivirus that might scan when idle?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Nope, I have my antivirus disabled. Same with my firewall (just in case). also I've tried adjusting the programs priority via task manager which does not help either.
That is weird.

After you move the mouse, how long until it slows down again?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
that's the second time I see this thing reported, and can't imagine a sensible reason.
I'd propose testing for memory leakage which goes down by hardware interruption.
Imagination is where we are truly real
It seems to occur maybe once every 5 minutes. I'll be playing at a constant speed then suddenly it will just drop and every time as soon as i move my mouse it goes back up to full speed. It's very bizarre.
Do you have any specific drivers installed for your mouse?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
I just have the Logitech gaming software but its never on.
(01-29-2014, 09:08 PM)GeoMan Wrote: Do you have any specific drivers installed for your mouse?

Probably is not a mouse fault, more likely PCSX2 is failing to destroy(release) unused allocated memory (leak), the mouse generates a hardware interruption which shakes the OS, or PCSX2 itself to clean orphaned chunks.

Again it's a wild supposition and a test suggestion for the devs, of course, not for the end user.

Sorry I can't do such test now.

Edit to add: both reports I saw seem to point to a build up slowdown. Such a thing could eventually lead to crash and is symptomatic of memory leaking.

@OP - Stating the games you are playing might help to identify the issue and pinpoint if the issue (whatever it is) is by game or general. Telling the OS being used and the machine specs helps too.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Do this as a test:

Get am app that shows your CPU freq, like cpu-z or core temp. Run PCSX2 windowed where you can see it at the same time. See if CPU is slowing down when it happens.