Slowdown in Frequency
Not sure what's going on here, but for some reason the game will dip down to about 40 FPS and the game is unplayable because of this. It only happens every 10 seconds or so. With the FPS limiter off it will peak at 120, but then dip into 40 for some reason. Is there some sort of setting I can use or is it the emulator? I'll list my PC specs just in case, but I can run most other games fine, I'm also using version 1.0.0.

Intel Core i5 @3Ghz
ATI RADEON HD 5870
8GB RAM 1066Mhz
Windows 7 64-bit

I have the renderer set to DX11 with only 2X native resolution, but when I turn it to default PS2 resolution I get the same FPS drops.
Alienware M17X R-2
CPU: Intel Core i5 540M @3GHz
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 5870
RAM: 8GB @1066MHz

My review site on video games, books, and hardware!

Sponsored links

erm... what games? what settings? have you tried speedhacks?
if it happens when you pass from Menus to Ingame however if you have this "dips" ingame then chose " high performance" as power plan and check your CPU temp using the program CoreTemp
(08-27-2012, 11:54 AM)abdo123 Wrote: if it happens when you pass from Menus to Ingame however if you have this "dips" ingame then chose " high performance" as power plan and check your CPU temp using the program CoreTemp

I feel so stupid...forgot to set my laptop back to high performance. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm dead tired. Well I have another issue, I booted up Aggressive Inline and everything is coated in black. It looks textureless. I tried Googling this, but didn't find anything. I even messed around with some settings and couldn't fix it. Got any ideas?
Alienware M17X R-2

Maybe provide a screenshot?
(08-27-2012, 12:57 PM)ivory_soul Wrote: I feel so stupid...forgot to set my laptop back to high performance. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm dead tired. Well I have another issue, I booted up Aggressive Inline and everything is coated in black. It looks textureless. I tried Googling this, but didn't find anything. I even messed around with some settings and couldn't fix it. Got any ideas?

press F9 during game play it may fix it ( no guarantee and if it did it's expected to be slow ! )
(08-27-2012, 03:29 PM)abdo123 Wrote: press F9 during game play it may fix it ( no guarantee and if it did it's expected to be slow ! )

This is with F9. Without it the bushes are black as well. Not sure what's going on. This is really the only game that gives me trouble.

My settings are standard DX11 with just 2X native. 8-bit Textures are enabled, but even if I disable them the problem persists. I tried every single hack available to no avail.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alienware M17X R-2

can you try Skipdraw hack from 1-20 ( apply test apply test .etc )

in GSDX tick "enable HW hacks" then press Configure and start working ! Smile
(08-27-2012, 10:45 PM)abdo123 Wrote: can you try Skipdraw hack from 1-20 ( apply test apply test .etc )

in GSDX tick "enable HW hacks" then press Configure and start working ! Smile

Didn't work. It just makes everything flicker really fast with same issues. I think maybe this game is just incompatible?
Alienware M17X R-2

care to enable "aggressive CRC" hacks ? ( which can be found along with Skipdraw )