Slowdown in The Incredibles (NTSC) with Water
In The Incredibles (SLUS-20905), the game slows down to as much as 30fps whenever water (ocean, lake, etc.) is present. EE, VU, & GS don't show any abnormal or high percentages when this happens, however. At every other part of the game, framerate is 100%. There are other instances where a lot is being rendered, but there is no slowdown there.

Changing any speedhacks aside from MTVU and recommended ones don't help, nor does changing the resolution to native.

Why does slowdown only occur with water?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4

Sponsored links

Run GPU-Z and see what your GPU usage is when that's on screen. I'm guessing it's GPU bound.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The load does ramp up quite a bit. It's odd that even with a few pixels worth of water rendered that it would do that.
GSdx renders some effects in really weird ways which can cause a very heavy load on GPU. There are games with effects that max out my 670 at only 3x PS2 resolution.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'd still think that issue is worth mentioning to someone who might have an idea what's going on and why. That water isn't being rendered in a very efficient way, one could say.
You must use software render to fix the slowdowns and other small graphic glitches as i said in my answer in Prafull Fixing unplayable games http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-un...#pid442623
(05-18-2015, 09:45 AM)gladiator Wrote: You must use software render to fix the slowdowns and other small graphic glitches as i said in my answer in Prafull Fixing unplayable games http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-un...#pid442623

Toggling SW on or on/off doesn't seem to actually make a difference in FPS, oddly enough, as in it's the same speed as in HW mode. It still hangs around 30fps around water. But certain odd graphics do fix themselves when toggling SW on and off.
I use extra rendering threads 6 , DX11 and mtvu hack and the framerate is perfect in all the levels.