Slowdown on Tekken 4
Hello!

I'm new to pcsx2 and I cannot resolve this problem, which is experienced till now only in Tekken 4. I reach 60 FPS during game with no bigger problem, but a significant slowdown appears. Game goes smoothly with decent FPS amount, but graphic and sound is slown down...

I've tried all avaible plugins and in most of them also horrible vertical black lines appears on screen. In the other plugins black lines disappear, but then screen is shaking and game slows down even more.

Can anyone give Your own config for Tekken 4? Maybe it requires some particular configuration, that I don't know about?..
(I've read that Tekken4 is playble, so I hope it can be fixed somehow)

I've only played DBZ DT 2 also - works perfect.

My comp specs:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz
Graphic: GF 9600 GT
RAM: 4 GB

Sponsored links

Are you talking about the last fight? that the most demanding area of the game.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
Unfortunately no. Sad
Game slows (graphic and sound) in every part of game. (even in menu a little Laugh)
I've tried speedhacks hoping they can help, but no change.

Still can't make it to work properly. This is how the game looks on best configuration I made:

[Image: 64873006.jpg]

[Image: confr.jpg]

[Image: 27693566.jpg]

What can I dooooooooooo?

<cries like a little baby>
If I'm not mistaken, you can remove those black vertical lines by lowering your resolution to something below 1024x768.
Edit: I only know what I read in that thread - http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4003.html , too bad that it didn't help.
Not much,you are CPU limited. You could try overclocking your CPU a bit (if you know how) or try using more speedhacks (if you haven't already). You could also disable some options in SPU2-X to squeeze some speed out of it (although it should be negligible)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-19-2009, 01:58 PM)Question Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, you can remove those black vertical lines by lowering your resolution to something below 1024x768.

Nope, no matter what resolution I set, it's still the same.

Bositman Wrote:Not much,you are CPU limited. You could try overclocking your CPU a bit (if you know how) or try using more speedhacks (if you haven't already). You could also disable some options in SPU2-X to squeeze some speed out of it (although it should be negligible)

What do You mean? Doesn't "49% CPU" on the screen mean that CPU isn't using even a half of it's power? Besides could 50 FPS slow the game that much...?

But, in order to disagree with this, I enabled speedhack - I get fixed 60 FPS and.. the game works even slower.
Nope what GSdx reports is the % usage of the GS plugin thread,meaning the thread that the graphics are rendered at. If you check task manager you'll see that the emulator uses about 80% of both of your cores.

Some speedhacks have that effect,so if they don't help nothing much you can do...
[Image: newsig.jpg]