Slowdowns in Persona 4
Ok first off all list my specs

Heres the issue while playing Persona 4 with SVN r5340 all preset set to safe speedhacks only use are MTVU Direct X 11 Hardware 3x native and using AVX im experience graphical hangs when first using a Persona move but after that its fine,Also it just happens randomly when in a certain ingame cutscene anything new that happens seems to give a type of hang..

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 @ 3.40GHz 38 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
7.96 GB
Motherboard
BIOSTAR Group TZ77XE3 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
SAMSUNG (1842x1026@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA) 43 °C
Hard Drives
117GB OCZ OCZ-VERTEX3 ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 C ATA Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Sponsored links

Probably won't help but AVX is for software mode, use SSE 4.1
LOL, I really confused when I saw the ATX word... Tongue

*Corrected
I read where ATX and SSE4.1 are nearly the same but all give it a shot,THanks for the info and Archerko I agree I didn't start using it till I read a article about it being some new threading technology lol btw I have an i5 idk why it lists them all..
Code:
(...) anything new that happens (...)

Any chance you're running the game directly from DVD? Then such behaviour would be more than expected, PC dvd drive stops and when game needs some new data it has to spin up, resulting in a short freeze. If you do, rip your disc to ISO using Imgburn and boot the game through it, instead of disc.

AVX or SSE4.1 doesn't really matter, AVX give additional speedup in Software mode, but other than that it works exactly same as SSE4.1 in Hardware.
I'm running it off a ISO on my external Hard Drive I ripped unless maybe the speed of a 5400 RPM External isn't fast enough?
Speed of the hdd should be more than enough, unless you loose that speed somewhere on the connection part, you could check that by copying the iso to internal hdd and trying from there, maybe it's something else, but I have no clue what else could give such result.
The best suggestion is to play iso via usb finger since ps2 dvd speed is 4x.Only approx.6M/s,zero mechancial delay comparable to ssd.Also is is ecomonical to everyone.