Slowmotion with 30 FPS?!?
Hello Guys, i have a problem
I Have 50 FPS in Kingdom Hearts 2 and i can play it very good, but sometimes i have laggs and then i have only 30 FPS , but with 30 FPS it is in slowmotion?
Normally 30 FPS are good enough and not slowmotion
How can i set that it isn´t slowmotion with 30 FPS ?
Thanks

Sry for bad english

Sponsored links

PS2 games are NOT PC games. You need 60 FPS for full speed, 30 FPS will be exactly half the normal speed.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You cant, pc games are set to a specific speed despite fps. Ps2 and ultimately pcsx2 does not work like that. You need a specific fps to get full speed,(normally 50/60 on the ps2) and to my knowledge always 50/60 with pcsx2 depending on region. If you get lower fps it will slow down and if you get more it will speed up. Depending on your pc/settings etc you might be able to speed things up to an acceptable level though.

Edit: Ninja'd Smile
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I have only lower than 50 FPS when i´m recording with fraps
Can you give me good settings for my pc for kingdom hearts 2 ?
My PC :
i5 2,67 GHz
6 GB RAM
64 bit windows 7 home premium
ATI Radeon HD 5450 ( 1024 MB )

My settings now are these :

[Image: unbenanntdow.jpg]

[Image: unbenannt1qhi.jpg]

[Image: unbenannt3ag.jpg]

[Image: unbenannt4uv.jpg]

[Image: unbenannt5l.jpg]

[Image: unbenannt6j.jpg]

[Image: unbenannt7rf.jpg]

[Image: unbenannt8ux.jpg]
(07-05-2011, 04:53 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: You cant, pc games are set to a specific speed despite fps. Ps2 and ultimately pcsx2 does not work like that. You need a specific fps to get full speed,(normally 50/60 on the ps2) and to my knowledge always 50/60 with pcsx2 depending on region.

You're mistaken. Even on PS2, Shadow of the Colossus never gets 60 FPS inside the temple. I do not have a frame counter for PS2, but it looks as if it is 20 FPS. But the speed is not slow.
Shadow of the Colossus is an extreme exception, where it uses some advanced game specific frame skip algorithm, that almost no other game has.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-05-2011, 05:56 PM)Livy Wrote: You're mistaken. Even on PS2, Shadow of the Colossus never gets 60 FPS inside the temple. I do not have a frame counter for PS2, but it looks as if it is 20 FPS. But the speed is not slow.

I said "normally" on the ps2, and to my knowledge playing SotC on pcsx2 it still reads as 60fps, no?
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(07-05-2011, 05:21 PM)Blizzark Wrote: My settings now are these :
If you use preset, you could just say it instead of posting all those screenshots I guess^_^.

Anyway if you wish to record your gameplay and your game lags ONLY when you record with fraps as you stated, try using different program. For example Hypercam that can record the movie without any compression, just raw avi format(Fraps compresses the recording real time into FPS1 or something like that, and that's what uses your CPU = slows down emulation).
Just to shed some light on the issue, FPS must not be confused with the picture motion, it tells only how many times a frame is presented by second
How much the image changes might be related but not necessarily directly.

Lets take an example. The scene we are interested shows an object moving from point A to point B, let's suppose the background is stactic.

In a PC game, that movement is governed by the time... let's say it takes 6 seconds to reach the point B... it will do so in 6 second does not matter the FPS. So provided the FPS is high enough to give the impression of smoothness (around 24 FPS is the cinema standard), the movement is seen as smooth to any FPS above this. If take still motion of each frame, the difference is only the "steps" in the object position in high FPS is smaller (that's the reason high FPS is desired on First Person shooter... is easier to aim that far target).

In the console game things are different, consoles are based on TV standard, so they are expected to run at "exactly" the refresh rate of that standard, what means 60Hz for NTSC and 50Hz for PAL. To the point that refresh rate can be used to synchronize the events...
Now the object moving from A to B is not governed by the time anymore but by the number of frames. Lets suppose the object is yet supposed to take 6 seconds to reach B, it is translated as it need 60*6 frames or 360 frames. If the FPS drops, lets say to half... it is now 30Hz and the when 360 frames needed by the object to reach B is achieved, it took 12 seconds... as to say, it moved by half speed in the same timespam.

Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-05-2011, 06:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus is an extreme exception, where it uses some advanced game specific frame skip algorithm, that almost no other game has.

It would be great if PCSX2 development team can mimic and apply that algorithm. Of course we do not have the source of SotC but is this possible? Sorry if it is a stupid question because I do not have any knowledge of hardware and low level programming.

By the way if played on PCSX2 does SotC automatically skips frame to achieve full speed as it does on PS2? I'm not at home right now so I can't test it myself. I have tested all my games on PCSX2 except for SotC and FFXII because I hear they're very CPU and GPU intensive.