Sly 2 Band of Thieves characters are black
Exclamation 
I have the latest version of PCSX2, and pretty much all games run clean except for Sly 2 where all the characters are pitch black (picture of how it looks is attached below) except at very few spots where they're not for some reason. I've tried both DX9 /11 software mode and DX9 /11 hardware mode, but nothing changes.

Anyone know of any fix to this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(03-12-2014, 08:51 PM)Gocko Wrote: I have the latest version of PCSX2, and pretty much all games run clean except for Sly 2 where all the characters are pitch black (picture of how it looks is attached below) except at very few spots where they're not for some reason. I've tried both DX9 /11 software mode and DX9 /11 hardware mode, but nothing changes.

Anyone know of any fix to this?

Possibly a bad game rip? Despite my computer's inability to run this game at a playable speed, the characters and scenery are all fine for me.
Re-rip the game from your original DVD using Imgburn and see if it works.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

I doubt that since I've tried three different ISO's, all of them had the same problem, meaning that it has to be something with my PCSX2 settings, any idea what could fix it?
could be the way you're ripping it, though.
tried directly with your original PS2 DVD ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
:o how did u get three 'different' iso of the game?
as for ur problem try disabling speedhacks and frameskips.
try configuring shadeboost settings in gsdx plugin.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Maybe you show all non-default settings... (as speedhacks, gs hardware-hacks)
Well this is weird... I disabled speedhacks and re-enabled them and now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the replies guys.
This can easily happen if you use savestates and save the bug to the savestate. Reloading the savestate doesn't help in that case.