Sly 2 missing shadows in Hardware mode fix
Tried last version with gsdx 1.00 and openGL. Enable basic banding unit accuracy. that fixes the missing shadows in those games, making the graphics perfect. It seems to have big performance impact though, even when using only basic option. it also works for Sly 3, but there are some problem lines in the game becuase of that. overall, it's probably a real advancement for the emulator, keep up the good job Smile

Note: I only started testing it, probably needs more testing.

Sponsored links

if Sly 3 has lines you might need a higher Blending Accuracy option or HW OGL Depth.

You are using the latest Git development build yes and not the one from the Gsdx 1.0 thread?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-29-2015, 05:03 PM)refraction Wrote: if Sly 3 has lines you might need a higher Blending Accuracy option or HW OGL Depth.

You are using the latest Git development build yes and not the one from the Gsdx 1.0 thread?

Actually HW OGL Depth fixed it and yes I used the last Git. I encountered 2 problems: it makes the image quality really blurry and jagged even with 4x native and 16X MSAA, and it made the game slow for some moments in both sly 2 and 3, before you start playing, when Sly is just walking around, even when I only used basic. in game it works at full speed right now, but I only started playing so I need to test it further. I installed the 4GB Patch but it didn't help.

Edit: can drop to single digit fps when using the banding unit even on basic. I have windows 10 X64 with 8GB Ram, GTX 980 and i7 [email protected]. That happen even on native res, software mode was faster
I would suggest trying to drop the MSAA (which i dont think works in OpenGL anyway) and Native down to 2x, see if that helps
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-29-2015, 05:44 PM)refraction Wrote: I would suggest trying to drop the MSAA (which i dont think works in OpenGL anyway) and Native down to 2x, see if that helps

Unforunately, like I said, even in native there were drops to single digit FPS because of the bending unit.
Please screenshot all emulation settings and gsdx plugin settings.