Sly Cooper Circle button bug
Hello,

I'm having a bug with the first Sly Cooper game; where Sly cannot hook onto an object using the circle button unless he is stationary. Previously I thought it was a clamping problem, and switched to full. After I got to the second mission map it was broken, and worse it changes locations on where it wants to work. So for the first 1/3 of the first level I have no problems using the circle button. Afterwards it'll just completely break, and I'll have to find alternatives to get around the level. I've tried numerous settings, and almost everything but cannot figure out how others got this to work. I'm not sure how I was able to get past the first map level or why it breaks at specific points in the game.

I'm running an
Intel i5 3.4Ghz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4GB
16GB Ram
Latest Windows 10 Operating System/updates
Using PCSX2 v1.4.0 Windows installer
Using Preset #3 for the Emulation Settings
DX11 Hardware Mode(software didn't fix anything) (Cannot find the NVIDIA Hack setting in the settings section as well)
Used Lilypad and pokopom (so it's not a controller plugin)
I use an Xbox One controller with PCSX2 but I have no problems with other games so I know it's not the controller.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
My PC Specifications
MOBO: ASUS X99-A II
CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4Ghz-3.8GHZ
RAM: 32GB 2666MHz DDR4
Graphics Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition with latest updates

Sponsored links

First, you should try the latest git build and see if the issue still exists.
(12-14-2016, 04:50 PM)CK1 Wrote: First, you should try the latest git build and see if the issue still exists.

Thanks for your reply. So far the problem is fixed using the latest git. I have to start from scratch with a new save due to (an in game glitch). The game only recognizes I have one key; despite the fact that I obtained three more from other levels. So I can't proceed with that saved game. I will reply back if the problem returns as I progress through the game.
My PC Specifications
If the problem is fixed, could you please update your compatibility report? Thanks Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-14-2016, 09:32 PM)refraction Wrote: If the problem is fixed, could you please update your compatibility report? Thanks Smile

Yes of course!
I would like to complete the whole game before updating the report. Just to ensure that the bug doesn't resurface later on in the game like it did before; if that's okay? It shouldn't take me that long to complete the whole game though.
I also apologies for inputting a support comment previously in that thread.
My PC Specifications
That's fine, we welcome intensive tests Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

This is probably an issue caused by the widescreen patch.

The widescreen patches for Sly 1 and 2 are completely screwed, and you shouldn't use them. Sly 3 should be fine, tho.

Sorry about this.
(12-15-2016, 04:00 AM)Devina Wrote: This is probably an issue caused by the widescreen patch.

The widescreen patches for Sly 1 and 2 are completely screwed, and you shouldn't use them. Sly 3 should be fine, tho.

Sorry about this.

I just noticed that there are no widescreen patches applied with Sly 1/2 with the latest GIT version of PCSX2. I also ran into a bug with Sly 2; when trying to take the reconnaissance photos for the second map that was resolved with using the latest git version of PCSX2.
My PC Specifications