Don't know for this version but for the PAL version this game run much better with SuperVu instead of microVU, it run at fullspeed on my FX-8350, and do not activate Allow 8 bit texture because it will make the GPU load really too high even for a Radeon 6950.
I'm wondering if the devs can do something with the performance of this game which are really better on SuperVu than microVU.
Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): medium
graphics distortion where ground becomes black plane after dying; switching to software mode and back again can fix this after it happens (or F9 twice), but it'll come back next time after dying
a bug where even if perfectly aligned, the player doesn't grab onto objects properly when circle is pressed (I think). it seems after research this bug also occurs on console when using gameshark or something similar before booting the game?
The game is playable when using the latest git version. I encountered the circle button bug when I used PCSX2 version 1.4.0 (possibly due to the widescreen patch bundled in this version). I would like to note that I completed the whole game on 83% (which is all story, and you obtaining all clues to open the vaults). The remaining 17% is all time trials, and I did not experience any problems with these. I just cannot for the life of me ever be able to beat these time trials.
While I was able to complete the whole game; I did encounter a vault bug in game (Nothing critical, and could be a one time play through). In "Fire in the sky" the level titled "Duel by the Dragon". In order to open the vault to recover this levels page of the Thievius Raccoonus; you must beat the fifth/final member of the Fiendish Five. Upon collecting all the clue bottles Bentley will tell you he cannot decipher the code because it's "in an ancient Owl dialect", and then proceeding with you having to beat the final member of the Fiendish Five. This was the first play through (out of hundreds I've done on console) that I was able to open the vault despite the fact that I had not beaten the final member just yet.
My PC Specifications
MOBO: ASUS X99-A II
CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4Ghz
RAM: 32GB 2400MHz DDR4
Graphics Card: ZOTAC Geforce GTX 970 4GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition with latest updates