Smooth settings for Kingdom Hearts? (Emulator in Laptop)
Hi I own a laptop and I badly want to play this game, Kingdom Hearts. It runs slow at about 50-80% speed most of the time. It hits 103% too but on rare occassions. These are my laptop specs:

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU @ 2.00 GHz 
Graphics card: AMD Radeon R5 
RAM: 6 GB (4.96 usable) 

I can run and play KH already but it runs too slow and laggy when those monsters show up. I just don't understand and get how to configure and manipulate the settings. Can you help me? Is there a thread that explains every setting of emulator? If there is, what could be the best setting for my pc just to run it smoothly? It would be alright to sacrifice having good graphics or such because I know I can't run much of a higher setting. I just wish to make it faster but I don't know how.

Sponsored links

you could tinker with speedhacks.
use all recommended ones, and give a try with ee cycle rate to 1.
that said, your CPU is very weak for pcsx2. its STP is under 900 while we do recommend at least 1600.

You'll probably have to keep playing this game on your real PS2 console to enjoy it, I'm affraid
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-19-2016, 06:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you could tinker with speedhacks.
use all recommended ones, and give a try with ee cycle rate to 1.
that said, your CPU is very weak for pcsx2. its STP is under 900 while we do recommend at least 1600.

You'll probably have to keep playing this game on your real PS2 console to enjoy it, I'm affraid

Pardon me, but what is STP?
Sing Thread Performance
Could you provide a screenshot of your Core and GSdx plugin settings ? IIRC this game isn't much demanding. (I might be wrong)

Possibly your CPU/GPU might be able to handle it on native resolution with the recommended speed hacks. Though as Jesalvein pointed out earlier, your processor's singing thread performance is quite awful. so don't expect much Wink
(07-19-2016, 01:33 PM)ssakash Wrote: Could you provide a screenshot of your Core and GSdx plugin settings ? IIRC this game isn't much demanding. (I might be wrong)

Possibly your CPU/GPU might be able to handle it on native resolution with the recommended speed hacks. Though as Jesalvein pointed out earlier, your processor's singing thread performance is quite awful. so don't expect much Wink

Jesalvein's suggestions regarding the speed hacks went fine. Speed reaches 90-100% now (thanks to Jesalvein). I have never figured out about the speed hacks until he said so. I never had the chance to own this game that's why I tried it on an emulator. I have played Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep but not its first game lol. I'm just really into its plot whether it sucks or not haha!

Agreed, I didn't expect something good for I know my pc's capacity and yes I run it on Native. I let the Core settings run on its default.

For the GSdx, I tried my best to understand what every button does. Hope I was doing it well can you check it out?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:I never had the chance to own this game that's why I tried it on an emulator.
I think we're going to end the thread here.