Snowblind games
I know that this question has already been asked. But it has been a little while since I have seen any news of it and I have been doing WEEKS worth of research on the problem. All the Snowblind games I play on my pcsx2 had half screen bug (which I found out I could fix with software mode). Now I find that no matter what I do for video options, my Champions Of Norrath will only run at around 25 fps. I just recently found a way to get the second game (Return to Arms) to run fluctuating between 30-40 very quick and abruptly. Has there been any update on this topic recently that can change how smoothly the games runs? I guess there was a texture issue from my knowledge that was the main problem? Is this still the issue? If so has there been any new discoveries that have lead you closer to figuring this out? If this problem has been taken care of already then it would be great to hear back from someone. Thank you very much. Your time and effort is appreciated Smile

O almost forgot... here are my laptop specs:
Toshiba Satellite S50t-A-00V Notebook PC - 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz,
8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

not a valid bug report.
moved to general discussion

you'll need a powerful machine to run those games @ playable speeds using software mode.
currently, there's no other way.
you can set extra rendering threadsz to 2 or 3, it may help a bit. but don't expect too much with a laptop around 2.4 Ghz
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-27-2013, 10:42 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not a valid bug report.
moved to general discussion

you'll need a powerful machine to run those games @ playable speeds using software mode.
currently, there's no other way.
you can set extra rendering threadsz to 2 or 3, it may help a bit. but don't expect too much with a laptop around 2.4 Ghz

Ok. Well what kind of specs do you recommend for running these games? And am I capable of acquiring these specs on a laptop or am I better off getting a desktop (money and efficiency wise as my current laptop costed me $1300) to run these games? Any further suggestions would be awesome. Thanks again.
an intel quad core around 3.5 Ghz (desktop)
laptops aren't recommended for intensive gaming like pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-27-2013, 06:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: an intel quad core around 3.5 Ghz (desktop)

Thanks a lot. You guys are an amazing help. I greatly appreciate the effort you guys are putting in to help the community of pcsx2. I post at 3:15 in the morning and have a reply within 15 minutes. You guys are on the ball and definitely have the right idea. I am currently in college for Computer Programming Analyst and heading for a 4 year bachelors in Software Engineering so I know how frustrating some of this may be and you guys are doing an excellent job! Keep it up. And yeah I found my laptop was running a little slow to start but now (after messing with the setting) I run every game I download as smooth as liquid. Only ones that gave me problem so far were the Snowblind games. Had a problem with Kingdom Hearts but I fixed that. Thank you for the spec recommendation as well. Keep up the great work guys Smile
You can't legally download games that's piracy read rule #1
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-28-2013, 04:41 AM)Paulverizer Wrote: I run every game I download as smooth as liquid.

(11-28-2013, 04:58 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You can't legally download games that's piracy read rule #1

Wow, nice catch, I totally didn't even see that!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-27-2013, 06:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: an intel quad core around 3.5 Ghz (desktop)

3.5GHZ wont be enough sadly to say well at least for CoN. I played that game (had to be in SW mode of course) and a lot of time I would get down to as low as 25fps in parts. I dont think I ever could get a stable 60fps in the at game even with speed hacks on. This is with a I5 3570 at 4.5ghz.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(11-28-2013, 04:58 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You can't legally download games that's piracy read rule #1

hmm... thought torrenting was illegal...? How do I get my fav ps2 games to my pc without downloading the iso? I only installed pcsx2 cause my ps3 isn't backwards compatible... Do I burn the disc or something? Or is that illegal as well...? I am not too familiar with emulators or anything... This is my first shot around. Makes sense though... just don't know why they would have sites as big as emuparadise to download the iso if I wasn't allowed to...? they don't take those down? Isn't it copyright infringement if they're all illegal? How is the emulator legal to download if the iso isn't? I don't totally understand...
(11-28-2013, 08:33 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: 3.5GHZ wont be enough sadly to say well at least for CoN. I played that game (had to be in SW mode of course) and a lot of time I would get down to as low as 25fps in parts. I dont think I ever could get a stable 60fps in the at game even with speed hacks on. This is with a I5 3570 at 4.5ghz.

Well what would you suggest then? What kind of specs for a desktop? Or do you not know? And I found a way to get the Return to Arms to run at about 40 fps and then it'll fluctuate down to 30 or up to 50 (In game not just the menu) It's just the first game that is giving me the most trouble. But I guess my specs aren't exactly up to par. Just hoping that the new ps4 is going to be able to play them now :/