So.... ICO is playable now? Compatibility list says yes.
zerodi, I have not the issue of the "wall of fog", like on your screens.
Maybe try GSDX 0.1.4 ?

Sponsored links

Hi , i just restarted it and no wall of fog appears now, I switched the bios to USA version, dont know if thats made it work? strange

what kind of fps are u getting on ur setup? maybe my 8200 isnt that great

(03-13-2009, 01:22 PM)zerodi Wrote: Hi , i just restarted it and no wall of fog appears now, I switched the bios to USA version, dont know if thats made it work? strange

what kind of fps are u getting on ur setup? maybe my 8200 isnt that great

My CPU is C2D 2.8Ghz.
Videos before the start, and game in the starting hall seems to run almost full speed, if not full speed. Haven't played any further yet.

BTW, this your method to run the game with any GSDX:
TO GET THE GAME RUNNING IN EVERY INSTANCE = File run cd/dvd wait for black screen of nothingness to happen SAVE STATE F1 , exit escape
reset
then RUN, Execute F3 = working game

somehow doesn't work form me. The emulator crashes in a second or two after F3. (tried it with 0.1.14 SSE2, quicksaved in the starting hall while in the software mode).

0.1.4 instead works fine so far.
ah ok well thats good at least its working, now i can just start pcsx2 up and press run, execute and it works now everytime wierd lol

Yes the hall runs at about full speed for me, but then ive played all the way till u rescue someone in a chained dome highup, it seems to drop to about 28-36fps , not really very enjoyable at that speed, need a healthy 50-60fps in every room........

let me know how yours fairs as u play on

cheers..............
(03-13-2009, 01:22 PM)zerodi Wrote: what kind of fps are u getting on ur setup? maybe my 8200 isnt that great

Yes your 8200 is to weak to get constant fullspeed framerates...
On my X1950 Pro i got 40 - 60fps
Asus M2N-E
Amd Phenom II X4 945 3000 MHz
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4 GB Ram
(03-13-2009, 01:59 PM)zerodi Wrote: Yes the hall runs at about full speed for me, but then ive played all the way till u rescue someone in a chained dome highup, it seems to drop to about 28-36fps , not really very enjoyable at that speed, need a healthy 50-60fps in every room........

let me know how yours fairs as u play on

Ok, but actually the videocard doesn't matter much in a case of emulated games, it's the CPU that really matters. You have AMD at 3.0Ghz, I have C2D at 2.8Ghz, I don't know how they compare.

Have you enabled all the speed hacks?
Quote:Yes the hall runs at about full speed for me, but then ive played all the way till u rescue someone in a chained dome highup, it seems to drop to about 28-36fps , not really very enjoyable at that speed, need a healthy 50-60fps in every room........

zerodi, freed the girl from the cage. At first, once the girl got on the screen the FPS dropped considerably here too, just as you described, but then I switched EE 3x Cycle rate speed hack to 2x and it runs now at full speed with an enemy or the girl on the screen too.
greyest. Oh ok ill try that . see if it speeds things up....
The only way I can get the game to load without a black screen is to use the NTSC version. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but when I try to run the PAL version of ICO from Run > Execute I always get the PS2 BIOS. If I try to run the PAL from CD/DVD in PCSX2 .0.9.6 with GSDX 890 0.1.14 I always get a black screen in both software hard hardware mode. Saving a state at a black screen and reloading the saved state only bring up another black screen. Has anyone completed the game using the NTSC, or is only the PAL fully playable???
(03-14-2009, 07:40 PM)Ashok0 Wrote: The only way I can get the game to load without a black screen is to use the NTSC version. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but when I try to run the PAL version of ICO from Run > Execute I always get the PS2 BIOS.

You should wait, game will run after PS2 "intro" screen.

Quote:If I try to run the PAL from CD/DVD in PCSX2 .0.9.6 with GSDX 890 0.1.14 I always get a black screen in both software hard hardware mode.

Use 0.1.4. No black screen, and it's faster too.
Also, use x2 EE Sync Hack (and 3 other speed hacks just in a case), and switch both Clamp Modes (for EE and VU) to Extra to eliminate hangs in movies and erroneous movement of the characters.

I have being played this game for 3 or 4 hours already. Not a single crash, almost constant full speed with or without enemies on C2D 2.8. Perfect sound without glitches, movies are full speed too.
Perfect emulation.