So close... DX10 a Major improvment?
(08-30-2010, 10:35 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: Simply getting win vista/7 wont enable you to run in dx10 mode, you gpu also needs to support it. Yours doesnt. And even if it did dx10 would not give you the bump you are looking for. You really need a more powerful cpu for FFXII.

Yeah I understand. I had just recently OC'd everything out of boredom since new pc build was happening soon, and fired up PCSX2 soon after to see if there was changes... there really was .... the extra 400mhz jumped my video fps in FFXII from 10 to 60! I didn't have high expectations but i figured i was close. It's ok though, in 30 days or so I'll be running plenty enough power... With that in mind. maybe i can change the thread topic a snag... Any suggestions for hardware with this upcoming pc build? I've seen bad things about PCSX + quad core... but i really wanted to get the new i7 hexcore extreme.... Will this be counter productive to PCSX?

Sponsored links

There nothing BAD about quad. Pcsx2 just cant utilize all of the cores, other than that they could still outperform their dualcore counterparts since windows and other programs can run on the non used cores(this isnt much though). If you really want to get the hexacore go right ahead it should perform good. If all you want is to play pcsx2 than there are much cheaper options that will perform the same.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(08-30-2010, 10:50 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: There nothing BAD about quad. Pcsx2 just cant utilize all of the cores, other than that they could still outperform their dualcore counterparts since windows and other programs can run on the non used cores(this isnt much though). If you really want to get the hexacore go right ahead it should perform good. If all you want is to play pcsx2 than there are much cheaper options that will perform the same.

haha no this wont be a Just pcsx2 build. For that I have ps2 lol. I just build about every 5 years. Just wanted to make sure a 4+ core wouldn't be counter productive to pcsx2 because i really enjoy being able to chat/game/browse/etc all on one machine... (nothing sucks more than having yer head on a swivel to go from tv screen to chat box on pc every 10 seconds)

Anyways good to know, thank u!