So...does this work well with intel graphics?
Alot of ppl tell me intel graphics are not good. This is false.
I was wondering however,Do you need a really beefy computer to
run this emulator?Mine would be considered great in the computer
world.My only personal issue is,its windows 8.
" Keep an Eye on her,She's a Dirty pirate"

Sponsored links

pcsx2 is cpu heavy. So you need a great modern cpu with powerful single thread performance to achieve full speed in some games. OS and ram have little to no imapact in pcsx2. Now about your gpu. pcsx2 isnt very gpu demanding. So intel hd is great for running all pcsx2 games at native resolution of a ps2. You can even run a decent amount of games in 2Xnative if you have intel hd 4000 or above.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Intel Graphics actually aren't that good to be honest. They're 'ok' at best for average use. But not for major gaming or emulation.

Post your specs and we'll tell you if it's 'great' or not for emulation.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-25-2015, 03:31 PM)Shouvanik Wrote: pcsx2 is cpu heavy. So you need a great modern cpu with powerful single thread performance to achieve full speed in some games. OS and ram have little to no imapact in pcsx2. Now about your gpu. pcsx2 isnt very gpu demanding. So intel hd is great for running all pcsx2 games at native resolution of a ps2. You can even run a decent amount of games in 2Xnative if you have intel hd 4000 or above.

I see Biggrin
I do have 4000+
Thank you very much!
(04-25-2015, 03:33 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Intel Graphics actually aren't that good to be honest. They're 'ok' at best for average use. But not for major gaming or emulation.

Post your specs and we'll tell you if it's 'great' or not for emulation.

Awwhh Sad
Here are my specs.

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU 2.50 GHz
9.00gGM(8.89 usable) - I had some added , it was originally 6.00GB
System:x64 Windows 8
Pen and touch:Yes (Currently disabled for gaming)
(04-25-2015, 03:45 PM)Oichi Wrote: Awwhh Sad
Here are my specs.

You have a laptop. They aren't meant for gaming. You won't have good performance in pcsx2 with that cpu. It will be much slower than a desktop version cpu.
Some light games might work ok but you can't get full speed in most games.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

(04-25-2015, 03:45 PM)Oichi Wrote: Awwhh Sad
Here are my specs.

not bad, it's decent. it might be able to play some moderate demanding games pretty well. but, it will still struggle on some higher CPU demanding games. the Igpu will limit it from using more than 2X native internal resolutions on most games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-25-2015, 03:47 PM)Shouvanik Wrote: You have a laptop. They aren't meant for gaming. You won't have good performance in pcsx2 with that cpu. It will be much slower than a desktop version cpu.
Some light games might work ok but you can't get full speed in most games.

Oh that sucks to hear T T. I run it with star ocean right now and yeah i see what you mean. T T Ohh ... thats ok. Its still playable though so i will make do with it. Yeaa i'm getting a desktop later when we move with slightly better specs T T.
(04-25-2015, 03:48 PM)ssakash Wrote: not bad, it's decent. it might be able to play some moderate demanding games pretty well. but, it will still struggle on some higher CPU demanding games. the Igpu will limit it from using more than 2X native internal resolutions on most games.

Blush I have too many demanding games. Resident evil ,Star ocean , the game with the dead people. T T.However it is playable still thankfully.Yeah even when i start it the sound is slow like they're talking in slo mo sometimes.I'll admit though , when they talk in slow mo and then the fps picks back up it makes them talk funny and i lose it XD
(04-25-2015, 03:55 PM)Oichi Wrote: Oh that sucks to hear T T. I run it with star ocean right now and yeah i see what you mean. T T Ohh ... thats ok. Its still playable though so i will make do with it. Yeaa i'm getting a desktop later when we move with slightly better specs T T.

Just an advice.
When you buy a new desktop remember to buy..
1.A good cpu preferably intel. i5 4690k is a good one but any i5 or i7 of recent years will be great.
2. A mid range gpu. Gtx 750ti is a good one. You can play 3X native res. with it.
3. 4gb ram is recommended.

This is for pcsx2 only. If you want to play modern pc games too then try to get a better gpu and at least 8gb ram on the desktop Smile

Also for your current laptop, run it plugged in, enable high performance mode to get the most juice out of it.

(04-25-2015, 03:58 PM)Oichi Wrote: Blush I have too many demanding games. Resident evil ,Star ocean , the game with the dead people. T T.However it is playable still thankfully.Yeah even when i start it the sound is slow like they're talking in slo mo sometimes.I'll admit though , when they talk in slow mo and then the fps picks back up it makes them talk funny and i lose it XD

You can remedy the sound problem by using 'async mix' option is sound plugin(spu2-x) configuration menu.
My Steam Profile