So my laptop sucks, but..
I'm able to play a few games. FFX, Suikoden V, FFXII, Persona 3/4, so I have been very happy with PCSX2. (Thanks to all developers Tongue)

Now the games I seem to want to play don't want to work Sad

Xenosaga 1 runs VERY slow, like 20 FPS. Star Ocean 3 runs very slow at like 40 FPS, which sucks for a RPG and a action game. Now I try to play Fight Night Round 3 and its running very slow. Is there anything I can do, setting wise, to try and play these games or is my laptop out of date??

Specs:
    Intel® Core ™ i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz

RAM: 6.00 GB

I will post the settings if you need them, or if you already have premade setups made for out of date laptops, not sure how it works.
Thank you!

edit:

These are the settings I use, sometimes I have to use the Native resolution though if the game lags. The games I said lag, they do this on the native setting.
[Image: ss1.png]

[Image: ss2.png]

[Image: ss3.png]

Im using version 1.2.1

Sponsored links

i know only xenosaga that game hates speedhack have you try uncheck the speedhack presets and the EE+Cyclestealing at 0?

the screenshot is too small i can't read it.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Do you know how I can make bigger screenshots?? And yes I have, it just makes it even slower Sad

[Image: iqgg3b.jpg]

[Image: jhahhl.png]

[Image: 30kubgy.png]

That better? Can you see?
if you're on intel graphics try DX9 and/or put the internal resolution to 1x native.
OpenGL and a newer PCSX2 version could be also worth a try. http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Speedhack wise there is not much more you can do..

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

Yeah I know speedhack wise im pretty maxed XD if I raise any more the sound goes ahead of the gameplay.

I'll give your suggestions a try. I didn't really expect to be able to play the 3 games I mentioned, but it was worth a shot asking lol.
OpenGL is better for accuracy. Except few corner case it won't be faster than DX.