So the only thing to get this working is a high-end system, right?
Hello there. I've been hearing that I need a high end system in order to get PCSX2 to get 60+ fps in-game (not openings or pausing). Currently I have a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo T5270 @ 1.40 GHz 1.40 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, 2038 MB RAM, and Windows Vista 32-bit Basic.

I am trying to get a better processor (I wish I could get a E6700), but do I also need a better graphics card? Or can someone give me suggestions on what I should get for my laptop to make PCSX2 run smoother?

Thanks for the tips.

Sponsored links

(04-07-2009, 02:53 AM)Tactician Wrote: Hello there. I've been hearing that I need a high end system in order to get PCSX2 to get 60+ fps in-game (not openings or pausing). Currently I have a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo T5270 @ 1.40 GHz 1.40 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, 2038 MB RAM, and Windows Vista 32-bit Basic.

I am trying to get a better processor (I wish I could get a E6700), but do I also need a better graphics card? Or can someone give me suggestions on what I should get for my laptop to make PCSX2 run smoother?

Thanks for the tips.

number 1. make sure you can actually upgrade your processor as you cannot normally upgrade laptop processors. and to be honest you will need a very high end pc to make pcsx2 run at decent speeds. i would say at least a core 2 duo 3ghz. the graphics card is not a major thing with pcsx2 but it is seriously cpu intensive so you will need a very fast core 2.
I am running it in a laptop, check my signature for specs. It is "only" a core 2 2.4ghz. With that, i play FFX 1280x800 @ 60fps, FFX-2 1024x1024 @ 60fps, kingdom hearts 1 and 2 @ 60fps.

So, with 3ghz or close to 3 you should be getting really good speeds with other games. But if you can't manage to get your hands on one, well, you know, with 2.4 I get very very satisfactory speeds =] I think this emu and its plugins are improving every day so, who knows. Yesterday you couldn't even play FFX on a very very high end system, today I can play it 60fps with "only" 2.4Ghz. In a year who knows, maybe Xenosaga will be very playable on my system. Maybe it won't. Just be sure to get the most powerful core 2 duo you can buy. And a medium graphic card, you don't need anything expensive here. But an integrated won't help.

And no. You probably can't upgrade neither your CPU nor your GPU on a laptop...
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
(04-07-2009, 03:09 AM)zenno Wrote: number 1. make sure you can actually upgrade your processor as you cannot normally upgrade laptop processors. and to be honest you will need a very high end pc to make pcsx2 run at decent speeds. i would say at least a core 2 duo 3ghz. the graphics card is not a major thing with pcsx2 but it is seriously cpu intensive so you will need a very fast core 2.

You can upgrade laptop processors.
While graphic card isn't as important as processor it may still be a limiting factor, especially in case of a laptop.