Socom 1 spr mfifo write outside mfifo area
Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums. PCSX2 is an excellent program that I have enjoyed using. It plays all but one of my PS2 games. That is Socom 1. I dual boot Ubuntu Linux 10.10 and Windows XP SP3, so I have a choice of "flavors" to use for PCSX2. When I use the Windows PCSX 2 for Socom 1, my log spams me repeatedly with the "spr mfifo write outside mfifo area" message. I have used the GDSX plugin, ZZOGL, and ZeroGS. GDSX shows only a black screen. ZeroGS and ZZOGL show the loading screen with the soldiers but stalls at 15 fps and freezes. When I go to Linux and use the ZZOGL plugin there the game load up fine but without Dev9 plugins I can't get online (my ultimate goal). Socom 1 is not specifically listed on the compatibility site and my log screen shows Status = Unknown. What does "spr mfifo write outside mfifo area" mean and what can I do about it? I am using the latest 0.9.7 r-3878 version, all setting on default except for a couple of my Armored Core games, which require some speedhacks on my computer. I have looked all over the forums and on search engines without success in finding an answer.

My other specs include: AMD Athlon X2 7850 2.8 GHZ, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT, 2GB DDR2 RAM.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sponsored links

Should be fixed in the next version Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for your reply. I will just have to be patient then.
Hi, I am using version 0.9.7.3876m and I am getting the same error with Socom 1. I would just like to know where on your website is the latest release of the 0.9.7 beta listed because I could not find anything beyond your offering a 0.9.7 version beta. Specifically, I am talking about the last four digits which I cannot find anywhere except in the actual program itself when I run it.
as far as i know 3876 is the latset beta release
So, is it generally announced somewhere when a new beta version is released, because as I've said, on the main website it doesn't list any iterations besides the parent version 0.9.7
Yeah there is a news post in the main page when that happens. Although next release will be 0.9.8 stable Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Excellent, thank you for the info