Socom II unplayable with latest svn
First, I would like to thank the devs for making the emulator.

I just wanted to give a heads up that I had spent awhile trying to get socom II to load up and couldnt get past the intial loading screen despite the game being listed as playable. Delay VIF1 Stalls was being applied to the emulator, but it didn't automatically add the EE timing hack, which allows you to play the game.

I found out about adding the EE hack after searching the forums; it wasn't on the wiki or in the automatic gamefixes.

Now that I have it working, i'm going to try to get online before they shut the servers down in august. I wish Socom:CA was playable too. rip socom.

I'm using the latest svn also.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Glad you could get it working all by yourself though if you need help feel free to ask . Smile

Btw most of the servers for ps2 games are already down.Can't believe SOCOM has theirs still up. Ohmy
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Thanks for the reply. I patched the game using WINDIP, but I need to get the dev9 plugin to work before i can go online. I have gigahertz .30 driver
and it doesn't seem to be working. I don't know which ethernet device to select, I'm using my wi-fi adapter on this laptop. I'm going to hook up a ethernet cord and see if that does anything.

Whenever I hit the back button after the failed network adapter detection pcsx2 crashes as well.

thanks for the help.

edit: it seems the single player is unplayable as well. After I load the first mission, I hear 1-2 seconds of sound while viewing a black screen and nothing else. Guess I'll have to wait for an update to the emulator or something. Sad

I'll see if my socom I disc works since I saw that youtube video of it working on pcsx2.

It is playable. Go to this thread. It might help you out.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-socom2-wo...rfect-only

And Dev9 plugins are very unstable and barely functional at this time .But I remember seeing the pcsx2 guys going online on a final fantasy game some years back .
Let me find it for you.It might help you out too.
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
Windows 8.1 64bit
I tried that guy's settings and it didn't work. It did change the window to what is pictured. The txt file is what the console was showing.

It will stall on the intial loading screen and then that shows up in the console and it goes into the title screen.

I was trying to patch my socom I copy and it was giving me that message on windip, what does it mean?

-----------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uueSYSzxWLA
This video is taunting me

.txt   console.txt (Size: 4,1 KB / Downloads: 283)
Are you using the latest svn build or the build the guy in the other post or the video was using'?????
I traded my Socom dvd waay back so can't even test it now Sad

And are you running the game of the dvd itself or an iso backup ?????
Sometimes dvd or the iso may be the culprit
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
Windows 8.1 64bit
I'm using the latest svn build, running an iso.

I hooked a ethernet cord up and got into the network settings and configured it, when i tested it it said it was succesful (socom 2), but still doesn't recognize any network adapter.
No clue then...may be the Ethernet adapter has gone wrong...maybe u should try a older build like the one used in the video or in the thread..
I personally haven't gone online in socom so change the svn build to an old one and try

Sorry but um out of any help in the dev9 plugin section as i've never played online using pcsx2..
Sad
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
Windows 8.1 64bit
If you haven't done the setup with the Network Access Disc, it probably wont work. That is the program you need to generate the network configuration.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

xSneak Wrote:edit: it seems the single player is unplayable as well. After I load the first mission, I hear 1-2 seconds of sound while viewing a black screen and nothing else. Guess I'll have to wait for an update to the emulator or something.

I can play it fine with rev 5265.
Using software mode here, hardware mode is too slow for some reason with this game (even with speedhacks on). In software mode i get nearly 60 FPS all the time, and first mission runs well. Try it with a clean backup, without any kind of patches.

Not sure about going online, i never tried it.
Maybe later. Smile
[Image: newreal.png]