Software/Harware renderer
Okay, so I was wondering if there is any drawbacks to using a software renderer rather than a hardware.

I checked Direct3D11 (soft) and enabled Anti-Aliasing and it solved a few graphics problems I was having for "Jak & Daxter" at the cost of about 10FPS (went from 65 to about 55, not bad). Other than the FPS thing is there any drawback to using it as software? Because it seems okay, but I've heard hardware is usually better.

Sponsored links

(08-20-2013, 04:06 AM)Butterfinger Wrote: Okay, so I was wondering if there is any drawbacks to using a software renderer rather than a hardware.

I checked Direct3D11 (soft) and enabled Anti-Aliasing and it solved a few graphics problems I was having for "Jak & Daxter" at the cost of about 10FPS (went from 65 to about 55, not bad). Other than the FPS thing is there any drawback to using it as software? Because it seems okay, but I've heard hardware is usually better.

Software mode is 100% accuracy focused and that comes at the cost of speed and enhancements (higher resolution, MSAA, etc)

If you're looking for an authentic experience or a less graphically buggy one, it's the way to go.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Sounds good to me!
complicated and tricky. The software mode restricts to the basic what might translate as less or no artifacts, but could mean the image is lesser than the original in effects as well.

If not having issues with hardware mode it is the way to go, else try software mode and pray your machine can do it.
Imagination is where we are truly real