Software Mode faster than Hardware Mode in my case?
Question 
Hi,
I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and using Software Mode makes it faster than Hardware Mode. It may seem awkward but I think that is because of my (INTEGRATED) GPU. Now having read that Software Mode is slower, it really bugs me. I'm running KH1 at 55-60 fps and slows down to 45-50 fps in some scenes (like bright and shiny lights and falling water). I really want to run it at a constant 55-60 fps. Am I missing something with Hardware Mode? Or my best bet already is running in Software Mode? If there is no other choice, well, can you at least give tips on having better speed. Btw I am already using speedhacks. But I don't know if Frameskipping would be possible with KH1, actually havent tried frameskipping at all (and how do Turbo mode works?). THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! Okay here are my PC specs:

Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5Ghz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
Reso: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60 Hz)

Sponsored links

You are not missing something in hardware mode. Some game run faster on software mode like Klonoa 2 door to phantomile,,, frame skipping make your game faster but movement not smooth when games achieve 100% fps. If you want to frame skipping try 3 frame to draw 1 frame to skip. Hope that help Smile
Did you try hardware mode with native resolution enabled?
If that's still slower than software, you're simply out of luck with the IGP.
I also have some games that run at least twice faster in SW mode.
Okage - Shadow King for example is unplayably slow(even for just testing)and eat tons of ram in HW mode but in SW mode the ram usage is a lot less and the speed is at least twice faster(15-20)
@billyash - thanks! u sure frameskip is ok w/ kh1?

@rama - native res in Hardware mode is still slower than Software mode. But setting a lower res. (what i tried was 450x450) gives a VERY big speed boost having onstant 60 fps... at the expense of lower graphic quality as well. And what's IGP??

@vsub - but kh1 is an exception right? i could be wrong though

BTW, Software mode has much smoother graphics than Hardware mode to me (both at native res)
how about the skipdraw hack? is it good?
If you have a weak igp the CPU will probably be faster at processing the information than your graphics card, which is why it'll be faster. If you want hardware mode to be quicker, you will need to buy a graphics card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-12-2012, 02:21 PM)refraction Wrote: If you have a weak igp the CPU will probably be faster at processing the information than your graphics card, which is why it'll be faster. If you want hardware mode to be quicker, you will need to buy a graphics card.

Okay, im fine w/ software mode, now I just want to run it at a constant 55-60 fps. well, if it's possible
Your CPU just isn't fast enough to do all that work on its own I'm afraid, you have a pretty weak pc
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Constant skipping is unsure, coz sometime caused graphic glitch.
And also SW is smoother coz it's filtering is set always on. If you want faster try use this gsdx in SW mode and turn off texture filtering http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Help-Turn...#pid267202 ...Hope that help Smile