Software/hardware rendering problems
So... I've been playing Yakuza 2, which mostly worked fine... except it slows down (FPS ends up going down to 30) in *some* parts, when the screen becomes a bit crowded, probably... and I tried loads of options to see if anything makes any difference, enabling speedhacks etc... the only thing that seems to resolve this issue, so far, is just enabling the hardware renderer of Direct3D9 (10 somehow makes the game slower than ever before... why is that?) - but it in turn seems to make the graphics a bit glitchy (e.g. a circle in the middle of an arena in Purgatory disappears just a bit as the character moves around)... which the software renderer displays just fine... so, either the glitchy graphics or the slowness, unless someone knows anything else? It's PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Specs here - it's through an ISO.
I see.
1st - Get a real GPU
2nd - set extra sw rendering threads to 3. it may help a bit
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Or you can set custom resolution very low which results in less details.

You can also play with hw hacks -> skipdraw 1-10 to remove some post-processing layers.

Even if the gpu gets less stressed with those settings you will also loose a lot of quality.