Solution to lag : SSD!
(10-06-2011, 05:15 AM)Erecent Wrote: I was loading up KH2 but the opening movie and ingame is really jittery but after transfering the iso to the ssd, the lag disappeared and the game was really smooth.

I sense trolling.

Sponsored links

(10-06-2011, 05:18 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Isn't PCSX2 loading based on an actual PS2? Cause the load times seem the same on PCSX2 as on a real PS2.

Depends on the game. In some games you barely notice any loading at all in PCSX2 (much faster access with ISOs), some others have some timed loading happening and only way to speed those up is disabling frame limiter.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yeah, the opening scenes of Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy 12 for example. Disable frame limiting speed 'em up. But I suppose these scenes is just for promoting the developer and publisher logos, and nothing is running in the background. To prevent this, save a state and each time you open the game, load that savestate to get past these annoying scenes.
Might as well use ramdisk if you have ***** of ram. But OP, your harddisk must have been really badly fragmented...
either that or his drive controller is buggered so his hard disk is in like PIO1 mode ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

or he had one of the bugged seagate drives with aggressive platter spindowns
Sounds like a broken HDD.
The maximum sustained data rate the drive has to deliver for PCSX2 is ~5.6MB/s.
If it fails at that, the disk is either from 1995 or broken Tongue2
Your HDD can't bottleneck PCSX2 unless you're writing huge chunks of data to it while playing