[Solved] Gran Turismo 4 - Immediate black screen, r4942
I'm not sure, I don't have GT3 to test but you know, I've heard that too! Out of curiosity, why do you prefer GT3? I've never played it!

Edit: By the way, thanks for everyone's help with this thread. Now there's the option for MTVU, GT4 seems to run absolutely fine (so far) on my 2.2Ghz 2670QM! I don't think people should be so worried about how many gigahertz their processor is and more worried about its architecture...Anyway, if anyone wants any info in that, please feel free to send me a message!
P150HM (Branded "Mouse Computer") 15.6" 1920x1080 display
Core i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz
8Gb PC-10600 Memory
nVidia GeForce GTX 460m (1.5Gb GDDR5)
1Tb 9.5mm 5400rpm HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Sponsored links

Gran Turismo 3 had the same problem as Gran Turismo 4 with garbage on screen but you couldn't change the brightness/contrast ingame to fix it so you needed to run it with software renderer for some races which made them much slower. I guess that's what people meant with running better but anyway that shouldn't be a problem with latest SVN builds.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-28-2011, 04:49 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Gran Turismo 3 had the same problem as Gran Turismo 4 with garbage on screen but you couldn't change the brightness/contrast ingame to fix it so you needed to run it with software renderer for some races which made them much slower. I guess that's what people meant with running better but anyway that shouldn't be a problem with latest SVN builds.

thanks for the info on that SL. So you're saying all garbage screen problems in GT3 should be resolved in the latest svn, requiring no brightness setting workaround?